Crafty Maltsters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked some up from them on Monday but haven’t used it yet. They are really friendly and enthusiastic and I’m glad to give my money to a small maltster.

There have been a couple of threads on here and the feedback has been hugely positive.

I'm going to buy a sack of their lager malt soon. Keen to see how it compares to Crisp and Weyermann Pilsner malt.

I picked up a 25kg of Pops last week, Daniel (Son of Pop) couldn't have been more helpful, even took me on a tour of the operation, my next brew will be a Goose Islandish IPA using this malt so really looking forward to it, especially now that I have seen where it's grown, who's processing it and where.

I picked up a 25kg of Pops last week, Daniel (Son of Pop) couldn't have been more helpful, even took me on a tour of the operation, my next brew will be a Goose Islandish IPA using this malt so really looking forward to it, especially now that I have seen where it's grown, who's processing it and where.
Lucky you, I didn’t get the tour because they were working on some wheat for a local bakery. I still ended up chatting to him for ages before I got going though. He seemed genuinely interested about brewing even though he doesn’t actually brew himself.

14th will be my first brew with it, when my Mrs is next out

I've been using their ale malt for a the last two months, it's absolutely fine, I will be ordering again defo
1596468180124.png

GEB 29kg £6.75
THBC 30kg £7.95
WHS 30g £8.50
The cheapest base malts on each of these sites:
GEB £24.95 total £31.70
THBC £24 Total £31.95
WHS £27 Total £35.50

Crafty £21 Total £32.50

They are about on a par with the other shops you mentioned, if you were only buying malt of course.

Latest posts

Back