Cream Ale - Recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibbo_sd

Reaction score
Batch #9 - Ron's Crispy A La Creme - S.G
Brewfather

So decided to brew a cream ale (1st attempt) for my father in laws 70th bday party. Settled on a cream ale as thought it would be fairly simple flavour wise he wouldn’t be into anything too funky/crafty/hoppy.
Took inspiration from a couple of published recipes and went for it.
This was my first beer using RO and pressure fermentation.
Long story short , fermented around 26’c at 10-12Psi using us-05. After 4.5 day’s was done!!! Anyway after best part of month in a keg and resisting temptation it was drunk and enjoyed by many last Saturday. And have to say it’s probably my best beer to date.
lovely and crisp/clean with a pilsner vibe.
So wanted to share this recipe as I’ve taken a lot from this forum over the last year . Cheers all.

Attachments

• CBCBB120-9492-4D56-A4E5-8A492413E5ED.jpeg
    CBCBB120-9492-4D56-A4E5-8A492413E5ED.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 103
I've had Cream Ale on my 'styles to try' list for a while so I've saved your recipe for next summer when this sort of beer will be ideal. Thanks!

That looks really good. I did a cream ale pseudo lager type brew with US05 this summer. Probably drank most of it too soon as it was starting to get much better towards the end then it was gone. One of the perils of brewing a small batch.

Is it the addition of corn or maize that makes it a cream ale rather than a pseudo lager or are they the same thing?

Latest posts

Back