CRISP MALTS

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BREWERS DROOP

Landlord.
Reaction score
Does anyone use Crips malts,crushed grains,what have your experience been,i dont have a mill to crush my grains,and i emailed Crisps to ask what crush diameter they use,i got no reply.

Nuthin' at all wrong with them... but I've found that I can't tell the difference from one pale malt to another, so these days I just get the cheapest when I need to order. Being as mean as I am astute I'll take the cheaper option even if there's only a penny between them.

Well i have the Maris otter which i always use,but opening this sack its very fine,and lots of white flour,worried about stuck sparge or a cloudy run off.Im hoping to do a brew in a couple of weeks so will know the outcome.

My efficiency shot up when I switched to Crisp from the Irish malts that GEB used to stock. I buy from GEB though and so it’s them that do the crushing.

I use their Maris Otter (from MaltMiller) and find that I get good results (BIAB) with it. As to the flour, I found the IREKS pale ale malt I had had way more fine flour in it.

I use a lot of Crisp malts with my Grainfather and I really like them. I buy from GEB as well who crush the grain, although the past few months I've bough whole grains as I got a grain mill. I had a similar question a while back about crushed grains and apparently the HBS will crush the grain.

Great malt, I know the maltmiller crushes the day he sends the order out, don't know about Murphy's though.

Latest posts

Back