Crossmyloof yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue nose

Reaction score
Hi all I have received a freebie from crossmyloof of a packet of HAZE US ALE YEAST ,it says suitable to brew ale with low esters leaving a slight haze ,any ideas best homebrew style ,and do I just put in fermenter and give stir cheers

New England IPA or American Pale

I prefer to rehydrate dry yeast before pitching but you can, and many do, just sprinkle on top.

Is that the Wilko Feeling Hoppy triple hopped IPA (the one with 10g of Amarillo pellets)?

Actually, it probably doesn't matter which of the IPAs it is, I would use the yeast with it. The Feeling Hoppy IPA was very pale in colour when I made it - and I dryhopped it with 50g of Citra and 50g of Mosaic (the amarillo pellets went into something else). It's very nice now after about 2 months but I suspect it's not very hoppy if you make it as per instructions.

How did this one come out with the haze yeast? Ive just used some with my attempt at a black IPA
...also how long did it take to get going? (Stops me being anti social with the misses)

Interesting....what is the reason for you using a "haze" yeast in a black beer?
Its all i had mate. I should have waited for next week but really wanted to get a brew on. Wish me luck 😞

Ah..I bet it'll be a belter!
Well it came out 1% higher than what brewers friend predicted but i diluted it with 2 litres of bottled water which may have brought it down a tad.
I guess it depends on the end FG.
Did anyone get a good result with this yeast? It was all cml had

Well it came out 1% higher than what brewers friend predicted but i diluted it with 2 litres of bottled water which may have brought it down a tad.
It (unsurprisingly) has been great for neipa style beers.

I've just brewed a beer with this yeast and mine attenuated much higher than I expected. The stats say 75% but I got a whopping 88%.

I've just brewed a beer with this yeast and mine attenuated much higher than I expected. The stats say 75% but I got a whopping 88%.
Good stuff. Well i wont be too sad if myn doesnt coming out 1.070. Its bubbling nicely along which is always good.
What was the max temp of this one? I remember 17c being the lowest

Back