CrossMyLoof

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braindead

Landlord.
Reaction score
ny idea whats happened to these guys, eBay shops empty.
Also anyone any feedback on Brewstore malts and hops, they have a great Simpsons collection, just wondering if they freshly mill and the quality

I had a delivery from them this week, ordered Tuesday arrived Friday

There's quite a few decent priced sellers on there if you mooch about a bit just look out for the postal charges

Yeah postal is a killer, even from the home brew shops, extra £6 is a stinger. Im looking at doing a 18g/L brew and the hop prices are bloody insane.

Geterbrewed are selling 100g of challenger for £2.87 (inc postage)but they are out of date by almost 3 years
But im sure they keep them vacuum sealed
Guess It depends on how your using them but being a tight sod on a budget like myself this one's definitely getting tapped up

Maltmiller has a royal mail option on smaller orders, I used it myself last week on an order of 200g of Mosaic whole hops, some platinum cured silicone tubing and a packet of yeast, cost a little over £3 for the shipping. Usually though I try to do combined orders of malt, hops and yeast, that way the next day shipping is much better value.

Geterbrewed are selling 100g of challenger for £2.87 (inc postage)but they are out of date by almost 3 years
But im sure they keep them vacuum sealed
Guess It depends on how your using them but being a tight sod on a budget like myself this one's definitely getting tapped up
247homebrew.com have a clearance corner too. Not vacuumed but nitrogened and only half a year out of date.

If they're out of date 3 years, BB date would be 2015, the 2014 harvest would go to brewers and my guess it would be the 2013 harvest, at best. But unopened and frozen I'd give it a go...

First time using Crossmyloof. Needed 50g of 3 varieties and were cheaper than my usual shop. Hopefully arrive today. Received a comical message from them once they'd dispatched which was a nice touch.

Yes good banter and very quick service
Lots of different opinions on theyre yeasts though
I'm bottling up a batch this weekend with which I used the real ale yeast
It's had 4 weeks so hopefully itl be a good pint in a month or so

Latest posts

Back