CrossMyLoof

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavroz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Have just placed an order from CrossMyLoof for some grain and hops.
This was using the grain and discount hop page.
Applied the Discount Code, GiveMe10Tom.
Shortly after , i received an email stating i cannot use the code on grain and discount hop orders as profit margins on grain are already very tight.
I very rarely buy Grain,hops or yeast seperate, other than ordering them altogether from one supplier, stock permitting..
A quick comparison on Maltmiller shows a very similar price plus they throw in some bottle caps for each order.
Sadly, i will not use CrossMyLoof any longer.

Have just placed an order from CrossMyLoof for some grain and hops.
This was using the grain and discount hop page.
Applied the Discount Code, GiveMe10Tom.
Shortly after , i received an email stating i cannot use the code on grain and discount hop orders as profit margins on grain are already very tight.
I very rarely buy Grain,hops or yeast seperate, other than ordering them altogether from one supplier, stock permitting..
A quick comparison on Maltmiller shows a very similar price plus they throw in some bottle caps for each order.
Sadly, i will not use CrossMyLoof any longer.
That's a pity...

I think CrossMyLoof are excellent. I go to MM for my grains (for the sole reason I get them whole) and CML for all hops.

That's a pity...

I think CrossMyLoof are excellent. I go to MM for my grains (for the sole reason I get them whole) and CML for all hops.

I agree, the times i have used CML, i have had no issues whatsoever but for me quality and best price is key and MM give that plus freebie bottle caps. :laugh8:

Well, cancel the last post.....
Further email received, telling me that my order has been refunded although i replied to their email that i would keep the order this time, but would order elsewhere next time......
Very poor really, poor customer service, Forum sponsor also.....
Is this what they call a case of "Toys out of the Pram?"

Well, cancel the last post.....
Further email received, telling me that my order has been refunded although i replied to their email that i would keep the order this time, but would order elsewhere next time......
Very poor really, poor customer service, Forum sponsor also.....
Is this what they call a case of "Toys out of the Pram?"

Iirc CML dont sponsor the forum. I may be wrong on that though @Chippy_Tea ?

Both CML and MM are excellent I have used both and will use again just out of curiosity did you compare the prices including delivery. I tend to use CML for yeast only as they do struggle to be competitive with grains and they do only tend to sell in smaller amounts . I use The Homebrew Company for grains as they are well competitive for bulk grains

Yes, not a great deal of difference in price at all and as i said, free caps and next day delivery if ordered by a certain time.

Oh and i doubt that MM cancel your order even after you have paid for it!

Like the Baron I use the Homebrew Company for bulk grains usually adding a few hops and smaller amounts of grain to the order, CML for smaller orders of yeast and hops. Have only used Malt Miller once when they recently had reduced liquid yeast. Had great service from all of them.

Never had an issue with CML. Pretty good really. I only buy hops and yeast from them, but they always seem really good value and delivery is speedy. Hops are always fresh as a daisy
Same as that. Yeast and hops. Very good service. Bulk grain I use the homebrew company. Flat rate delivery up to 30kg

The only reason I don't use CML more is because I tend to buy hops grain and yeast (and any sundry items) in one go, and tend to buy grain in bulk. That said if I needed some hops or a particular dry yeast (kolsch and Cali common my faves) I wouldn't hesitate to use them. Love the personal touch and have always found them to provide first class service.

His discount code is allowed but discussing his business is not, anyone wishing to discuss or promote their business here must become an advertising sponsor (see rule in blue below) i have messaged him and he understands why the post had to go. (see rule in blue below)

THBF Sponsor Membership (£25 Monthly)

If you are a Vendor/Retailer/Service Provider or want to use The Homebrew Forum for ANY type of commercial presence including signatures, avatar, private message, responding to threads about your product/services, no matter how big or small, you must have this subscription.

THBF Sponsor Membership Benefits

• The permission to use the forum as a business including responding to threads and sending private messages.
  • The ability to create advertisements in the Vendor Display
  • The ability to advertise in your forum signature.
  • Access to an avatar to showcase your company logo.
  • The Homebrew Forum Sponsor status under your username.
  • Unlimited file attachment space.
  • Unlimited gallery space.

Ok, no worries.
Definitely -1 customer from now on though.

I seem to recall a forumite (cant remember who) spotted the code on facebook, so we took advantage and put it on our discount code cheat sheet. I dont think they officially sponsor the forum
Perhaps you should have included the T&Cs as well...
REMEMBER "GIVE ME 10 TOM" 10% DISCOUNT CODE AT CHECKOUT!*

* Note. 10% discount doesn't apply to the Crushed Grain section of the website, or international shipping charges. Also, you need to use the paypal payments option.

REMEMBER "GIVE ME 10 TOM" 10% DISCOUNT CODE AT CHECKOUT!*

* Note. 10% discount doesn't apply to the Crushed Grain section of the website, or international shipping charges. Also, you need to use the paypal payments option.

CML weren't selling grain when I put the code on the cheat sheet,just hops and yeast. Tbh, I forgot it was there

The code was posted ages ago did the T&C's exist then?

Edit to add - you beat me to it Myqul

Should have asked for a high five

Wish I had never have asked for the discount in the first place......
More annoying is the order cancellation after I had accepted their explanation, placed and paid for it.
I guess they cancelled due to me posting on here.... pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back