crown caps

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GF21

Reaction score
Hi folks , can anyone tell me what size caps to use for the 344ml stella bottles , I use my barrel for beer/ale but I think lager is better bottled , I have saved some for my lager brew but am a bit confused on cap sizes plus I am recycling at the same time clapa, any help gratefully recieved

I think they are 26mm or standard size unless the screw top type which can not be capped.
There are generally only 2 sizes of crown caps 26mm which fits just about every bottle apart from the champagne type top which are 29mm I hope this helps you

the bottles i have are deff not screw capped , I will try the ones you suggested thanks

Just beware of the caps that look like a standard crown cap on bottles but twist off as these bottles will not take a crown cap

I thought that would be the case baron, I have now bought some but they dont fit ? :rolleyes: maybe cant get them in the uk ? was hoping somebody knew the right size

Just beware of the caps that look like a standard crown cap on bottles but twist off as these bottles will not take a crown cap
Can you re-use twist caps? off bud bottles?

i saved a load of xmas but now I have seen this maybe they are best for recycling?

1610722445277.png

Look carefully at the tops of the two bottles. The one on the left will take a crown cap, the one on the right will not.

Latest posts

Back