Crusader keg set up-HELP‼

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali

Reaction score
Hi all.

Have decided to go for a set up using Crusader kegs. Can anyone answer the following before I part with my hard earned cash please.

I think that I will need the following;-

20 Litre keg
Sankey type valve
beer & gas line
regulator and gas
Serving tap.

As regards gas, I am using a Hobbyweld food grade CO2 gas cylinder and regulator.

Do I need a pressure relief valve, and if so which one and where does it fit?
When the keg is filled, how much gas pressure does it need for bitter? What, if any, difference in pressure is there for a lager? Lastly, how do I vent off the residual gas to safely remove the spear when the keg is empty; can I use a splitter on the beer line with a tap attached and open it to vent off the gas?

If anyone has any instructions and/or photo's for using a Crusader set up, I would be grateful for them :)

Do a search for "kegging crusader style", not sure if I can link as it's on another forum. It has a great picture guide, although you will need to join as it's in the members only section.

Hi.

Great links! Thanks for that. Got system up and running now and everything seems OK at the moment!!

I have both but only because I got a great deal on kegs that were only a year old and because I also wanted some 9L kegs, the sankey are definitely preferable in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back