Cumbrian new to homebrewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CM13492

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking on the forums for the last few weeks but I have just begun buying my homebrewing kit and am looking forward to starting my first brew. I am entirely new to homebrewing but I have a decent amount of brewing experience having worked in a 5BBL microbrewery for around a year. I left that job and decided to start teaching science. I always intended to start homebrewing as I really enjoyed brewery work. I do have vague plans to open my own brewery one day but at this time that is little more than a pipe-dream.

As I am starting homebrewing with some experience I have decided to take the plunge and get a Grainfather G40. My first 2 brews will be being kits from the Malt Miller. After that I will try recreating and improving some recipes from the brewery then it will be time to experiment (which is where the fun will really start).

I am also considering starting a blog to document the successes and failures of my homebrewing journey, I am open to suggestions for a blog name!

Welcome to the forum as regards pipe dreams there are a few who have gone on to start their own brewery on here

Much appreciated, I am really looking forward to getting started brewing!

I haven't seen that before but I've subscribed to the channel and will give the videos a watch. Thank you for bringing it to my attention

Back