Quantcast

Curry...!!

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

DavidDetroit

Landlord.
Reaction score
Not familiar with Brown Sauce (yet) or black pudding (yet). If there are solid recipes somewhere here, I'll give it shot.

DavidDetroit

Landlord.
Reaction score
Our top UK brown sauce is HP
We have a chain, at least in Michigan, called Meijer and they have a pretty decent International Food section. I've even had Jammy Dodgers (pretty good).
I can easily get HP Sauce, I noticed, online. Sounds like it's better to buy it than trying to make it.

kelper

Old Salt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone makes their own. Bit like ketchup. Are you a fan of hot sauces? Sriracha is my favourite and the best one is made in California by a Vietnamese expat. It's all chillies and NO tomatoes.

Tabasco is underrated - I wish they made a thick sauce - the flavour is incredible. We do have chilli farms in the UK too!

pgk

Reaction score
Not familiar with Brown Sauce (yet) or black pudding (yet). If there are solid recipes somewhere here, I'll give it shot.
Check if Aldi in the USA stock black pudding as they do UK. Their version is pretty decent.

kelper

Old Salt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black pudding is similar to a blutwurst. Very good sliced and fried but also excellent crumbled into a stew to thicken and flavour it.

Last edited:

Latest posts