Curry...!!

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Aim to get the caramelisation happening all round and across the bottom of the pan...but keep stirring it in and topping up with base sauce as you go.

grooves

Reaction score
Decided our existing spices were probably getting a bit long in the tooth, so a trip to the Hatfield Rd to visit the Asian food stores - man those places are fantastic... I love seeing all the different types of unusual fruit and vegetables.
Anywhere there have fresh curry leaves?

The-Engineer-That-Brews

Tinkering around
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um... I think they might have done - there's quite a few different little shops down there and I'd be reasonable hopeful that at least one had some...?

Kit-brewer

Reaction score
I have 2 works bought from a chinese supermarket in China town Manchester, in 1989 one cost £3.50 the other, a bigger one, £5
and they are both much better than anything else I have used.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20210705_193731.jpg

Tonight it's chicken tikka dopiaza. The chicken marinade included some roast garlic puree which I made yesterday in the same pan as roast potatoes and lamb chops and lots of fresh mint off the allotment.
I've upped the chilli from a third to half teaspoon so it's a little spicy...this tastes absolutely spot on!

The-Engineer-That-Brews

Tinkering around
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I listened carefully to all the suggestions about the pan and the technique - and today I did the British-Indian restaurant style Lamb Rogan Josh from 'the Curry Guy Bible'

O... M... G... what a difference! It sounds trite, but I really was blown away by this athumb.. thanks a million for all the advice

@TETB

IMG_5881.JPG
IMG_5884.JPG

The-Engineer-That-Brews

Tinkering around
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As @Clint said at the top post, there’s a bit of faff to get set up to do these BIR style curries with all the spice blends, making the base and pre-cooking the meat; but the depth of flavour you get is really something else

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are then set up for many curries. You can even freeze the pre cooked meat...put loads of oil in with it to stop it drying out.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This...many years ago I worked with a chap who was originally a curry chef in Indian restaurants and he said they used to put whole chickens into the huge pot of base gravy.