Curry...!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We love the ready-made poppadoms from the supermarket and a hot mango chutney, lime pickle or a hot/sour mixed pickle - a bit like the starters they give you in an Indian restaurant.

The supermarket ones are a lot better than nothing - I find them a bit bland and sometimes they are stale.
If you can get to an Indian shop (and I am aware you are in "Highlands", which covers a lot of territory!) look for some uncooked poppadums. They come in all kinds of flavours: garlic, chilli, cumin, black pepper.... As Ritchie_ asg1 posted, easy to cook in the microwave, also under the grill. Seriously addictive!

I’m trying my hand at my South Indian cookbook this afternoon for relatives coming round for tea tomorrow. Dal Dosa and Vadai for starter and Mashed green gram daal with green pea rice for main.

I bought his books too. I’m familiar with most of the cooking techniques but will struggle to store the base gravy.

We’ve a tiny freezer unfortunately.
Rice I can do, got a pretty failsafe method for 1-4 portions but it doesn’t scale up for a kilo of rice.

Last night I planned to finish work early and nip out to collect a curry. I got home at 7,then friends arrived at 8,then we opened beer and it got a bit late. The curry house we use doesn't deliver and the ones that do are a bit rubbish so after a few beers and discussion my mate nipped home as he had some chicken,I broke out the curry gravy and thrashed up chicken dopiaza. .it turned out very good indeed. No pictures as we scoffed the lot!!

IMG_20190912_225125.jpg
tonight it's chicken tikka patia...with tamarind paste and mango chutney...and some red chillies off the allotment... hot , sweet,sour... very good! A few beers of course....

Latest posts

Back