Curry...!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naans came out well - and I even managed to get a bit of caramelisation around the pan ;-)

Screenshot 2021-06-30 at 20.19.16.png

Decided our existing spices were probably getting a bit long in the tooth, so a trip to the Hatfield Rd to visit the Asian food stores - man those places are fantastic... I love seeing all the different types of unusual fruit and vegetables.

Anywhere there have fresh curry leaves?

I have 2 works bought from a chinese supermarket in China town Manchester, in 1989 one cost £3.50 the other, a bigger one, £5
and they are both much better than anything else I have used.

20210705_193731.jpg

Tonight it's chicken tikka dopiaza. The chicken marinade included some roast garlic puree which I made yesterday in the same pan as roast potatoes and lamb chops and lots of fresh mint off the allotment.
I've upped the chilli from a third to half teaspoon so it's a little spicy...this tastes absolutely spot on!

Well I listened carefully to all the suggestions about the pan and the technique - and today I did the British-Indian restaurant style Lamb Rogan Josh from 'the Curry Guy Bible'

O... M... G... what a difference! It sounds trite, but I really was blown away by this athumb.. thanks a million for all the advice

@TETB

IMG_5881.JPG
IMG_5884.JPG

Back