Curry...!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chicken Rezala, never heard of it.
But now i WANT it.
Here you go… :cool:
5EC30E54-E1A5-4E68-B240-13B4B714CF9C.jpeg

Lamb bhuna (Toombes) tomorrow so spent almost all of today making a large batch of base sauce, tandoori masala, mixed powder, and stewing lamb leg in spice stock.

I love cooking, but if this isnt the best curry iv ever had, we will be deep into "is it worth it" territory.

Thankfuly the base and stock both taste sensational so high hopes. Just need to decide between the authentic nan and the restaurant nan recipe in his book.

we will be deep into "is it worth it" territory.
Worth every step of the way iMHO
Just don't make the same mistake I did and assume careful preparation was 90% of the result. The cooking technique is at least if not more important - apologies if you already know this; but I was educated by the others here to understand that you need to let it almost burn to the pan to get the necessary level of caramelisation. That is where the true flavours come.

Worth every step of the way iMHO
Just don't make the same mistake I did and assume careful preparation was 90% of the result. The cooking technique is at least if not more important - apologies if you already know this; but I was educated by the others here to understand that you need to let it almost burn to the pan to get the necessary level of caramelisation. That is where the true flavours come.
Well so far, the pakora with homemade stout to accompany was a colossal success 😃

Pizza oven is out for the naan bread and all the curry prep is done

Tonight it's a chicken tikka rogan josh..not BIR style as I've run out of base gravy!
I'm also cooking the chicken in the oven as my bbq is dead..except for the side burner..where this will continue.
So.. chicken marinated since yesterday and cooked with lots of onions..the onions have been transferred to the main pan to be finished in ghee.
20211001_165156.jpg

Last edited:
Cook the tomato mixture down into a smooth sauce,add water if needed to reach consistency and prevent burning. Although sticking and scraping is fine.
Next add a heap of finely chopped coriander stalks then add your pre cooked meat. Coat the meat,adjust thickness with water if you like.
20211001_174559.jpg

Back