Curry...!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can take no credit for this but would like to pass on the info...
YouTube...
Misty Ricardo...and follow!
I mix bits from recipes to get where I want it and add as much heat as you like. Makes "British Indian restaurant" style curries. A bit of messing about to get set up but nothing you can't find at a decent supermarket or Asian store.
This is tandoori chicken Madras..
IMG_20190531_202708.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! I love Indian food and do a lot of Indian cooking, I'll give it a go.

Thank you so much ...... great link, I just bought the books

This is one of my favourites - https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/oct/21/chilli-tofu-recipe-vegan-meera-sodha
Substitute chicken or paneer for the tofu it works well with any of them.

However my simpler version.
Sauce quantities for 4 but have it for two and use the tofu for 2(cauldron standard pack is just under 400g)

Basically take the garlic , ginger , chilli , onion, cumin ( I just use powdered) and blitz it into a paste.
Fry off the tofu as described in the recipe. You don’t need as much oil as the recipe says.
Fry off the paste mix. Add the sugar , soy and tomato purée and fry off a bit more. Add the peppers and water if needed and cover until the peppers are cooked.
Don’t add the extra salt, she puts too much in her recipes. Black pepper to taste but I frequently forget it.
Add the tofu and heat through.
I don't do 3cm cubes, more like 1.5cm, 3cm are too big to sensibly fit in your mouth, plus smaller ones mean more coating and flavour
Be careful with the chillis!
Don’t worry about using caster sugar - any sugar is fine.
Curry powder makes an acceptable substitution for the cumin.

Do you make naans or anything like that, Clint? I made them once for friends and it's become a bloody curse.

I have tried naans but although they taste ok the texture isn't right...I gave up trying. I mostly make curry for me as I was continually making for others...
Have you got a reliable recipe .??

Latest posts

Back