Curry...!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say medium I think, I tend to slice the chillies down one side so they are still intact instead of just pricking them, you get a bit more heat that way

You can chop the chillies if you want more heat, or use more of them of course

Love a good curry, but a super hot chilli does it for me, Reapers, Naga's, Habaneros, just can't beat that in a chilli. Saying that, got a few kg of frozen chicken in the chest freezer so might make a bulk curry for a change. Just don't ask me not to leave out a little chilli out lol.

Got into nagas a while ago, soooo tasty.
Saw an amusing recipe online, can't remember where ... started off using naga chillies, then says towards the end :
"taste and test for heat. If not hot enough, add a few Scotch Bonnet chillies..." :eek:

Got into nagas a while ago, soooo tasty.
Saw an amusing recipe online, can't remember where ... started off using naga chillies, then says towards the end :
"taste and test for heat. If not hot enough, add a few Scotch Bonnet chillies..." :eek:

We grew some in work 2 seasons ago as they have a semi commercial greenhouse for a number of projects. Still got half the crop in the chest freezer as 2 not for most of them lol. Definitely my preferred choice for a good chilli.

IMG_20200129_185200.jpg
chicken tikka Madras with some fresh chilli and garlic thrown in at the end...it's a bit cheeky!!

image.jpg
A chicken korma with a whole tin of coconut milk thrown in, plus a table spoon of home grown chillis which have being salted for storage a bit milder than some on here but should be nice with a glass of pale ale.

Might be a curry thread, but did a big batch of chilli the other day, had it 3 meals in a row & on man, did my bottom feel it!. Another 13 in the freezer for the coming weeks.

Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani) - Cafe Delites https://cafedelites.com/butter-chicken/

Hope the link works. Nearest curry house to me is in Naples - 100 miles or so - so we have to make our own. I gave done this a couple of times now and love it, I marinate for 6 hours.
There is a great site I found for making your own parathas as well, I will link it if anyone wants.

A secret pre marinade Marinade. Try a teaspoon of bicarb 1 table of corn flour and a big squeeze of lemon mix this over meat for 30 mins before putting it into your usual marinade. The meat, chicken, beef or lamb will melt in your mouth. Try it.

Last edited:
I can take no credit for this but would like to pass on the info...
YouTube...
Misty Ricardo...and follow!
I mix bits from recipes to get where I want it and add as much heat as you like. Makes "British Indian restaurant" style curries. A bit of messing about to get set up but nothing you can't find at a decent supermarket or Asian store.
This is tandoori chicken Madras..View attachment 19136
Cooked his chicken madras this evening and loved it. Thanks!

a teaspoon of bicarb
Are you rinsing that before cooking it? That much bicarb is huge compared to what chinese takeways use. I've overdone it before and it tastes like rotting shark. And the lemon will neutralise the the bicarb which seems against the point of using it.

No it activates the bi carb, trust me I got this after years of searching from the winners of Gordon ramsays TV comp winning restaurant head chef of sweet manderin in Manchester. Any left on the meat mixes away and cooks out in your marinade. Its actually two tables of corn but enough lemon to make a cream consistency paste. It's fine I wouldn't say otherwise, you can scrape most off before adding too marinade but it's just a thickener by then. It's mind blowing. So cover your meat with the mix of bi carb and flour an activate with the lemon, white wine vinegar works to.

Last edited:
This pre marinade is only a 30 min tenderising and doesn't add flavour so your marinade is still needed for that. Just try it and compare with your normal and give me your feedback.

Are you rinsing that before cooking it? That much bicarb is huge compared to what chinese takeways use. I've overdone it before and it tastes like rotting shark. And the lemon will neutralise the the bicarb which seems against the point of using it.
I would use this to a curry for 4people so you can scale it up or down as long as enough to cover the meat. It's only a level teaspoon that you could find in a biscuit mix. No don't wash your meat as the little left on will disappear and cook out in your chosen marinade.

Latest posts

Back