Curry...!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought Misty Ricardo's book off amazon, it arrived 'tother day. Went to a local (lol) supermarket and got some really nice stainless steel serving bowls.
Fortunately we thought ahead, and have tons of spices of all kinds.
All systems go!

IMG_20200418_193120.jpg

Tonight...chicken tikka Madras..

You are a hell of lot more prepared than my typical curry of fry meat with chilli and garlic, add onions and curry paste, some tomatoes and cook, does look delicious though,

IMG_20200418_190343.jpg
IMG_20200418_190900.jpg

Add chopped coriander stalks..I'm using frozen part packet..fine for this..cook this lot out til thick and starting to darken..add a splash of gravy to help it along..then add the chicken from earlier...coat the chicken well then add a ladle of gravy. The next stage is to basically leave it...it'll reduce and start to stick...this is the aim...stir the sticky bits back in but do not let it burn..use up the gravy ...stopping the reduction at your desired sauce thickens. During this I added the juice of half a lime and a few splashes of Worcester sauce.

View attachment 24666View attachment 24667
Add chopped coriander stalks..I'm using frozen part packet..fine for this..cook this lot out til thick and starting to darken..add a splash of gravy to help it along..then add the chicken from earlier...coat the chicken well then add a ladle of gravy. The next stage is to basically leave it...it'll reduce and start to stick...this is the aim...stir the sticky bits back in but do not let it burn..use up the gravy ...stopping the reduction at your desired sauce thickens. During this I added the juice of half a lime and a few splashes of Worcester sauce.

I’ll send you some beer, you send me some curry 😋

Might skip the chilli powder prefer something a little milder but will look up Misty Ricardo one advantage of this lockdown is I have the time to not need to cut corner.

Running out of the gravy, just one meal left then I have to make more. Have you tried his aloo gobi? Seriously good!
I found a good web site for making paratha, but of a faff but taste so nice!

We were able to go to the garden centre the other day, so I bought some chilli plants. I have Carolina reaper, Naga and Jalapeno plants.
They were also selling grape vines cheap so I bought 16 and have these planted and staked in our veg plot at the farm!

Back