Curry...!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20200528_220354.jpg

OB's on..

I use Al’s Kitchen recipes from YouTube. Did turkey jalfrezi, chana masala, mushroom bhaji and Bombay potatoes yesterday.

Tonight it's going to be lamb something or other...it's been in the fridge overnight marinading in yogurt,cassia,black and green cardamom,chilli,garlic and ginger...I might cook it restaurant style then transfer to the oven for a bit of low and slow...

Sorry I don't! I did make one of those a long while ago from a TV recipe I quickly jotted down...but lost it even quicker! I recon a Google should sort you out...

Surprisingly they don't! It BIR style...the base gravy isn't as good as Misty Ricardo off YouTube but the curry and tandoori massalas are good and the recipes are sound.

Going old school tonight! Rooted out my book Mrs Clint bought for me for Christmas 1997!
Lamb madras it is!

Blast from the past! I spent a good portion of my 20’s cooking my way through his Restaurant Curry Cookbook. The lamb madras in particular was excellent. I lost it in one of the many moves round rented accommodation.

Saturdays chicken madras 👌🏻
Bloody delicious and tasted just like takeaway!

It’s from the misty Ricardo book, which I bought after reading this thread and watching his you tube channel.

Thanks for mentioning him @Clint 🙂

Attachments

• AA39EC94-340B-4DCA-A458-79FCC4EEBD2A.jpeg
    AA39EC94-340B-4DCA-A458-79FCC4EEBD2A.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 300
  • B4A6E46D-003E-46B2-9E27-5C85C60F392D.jpeg
    B4A6E46D-003E-46B2-9E27-5C85C60F392D.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 292
By far the best rice I have found to go with my curry dishes!
Clint.
Where do you buy your rice from? I've been searching on line and it says Amazon sells it but checked all their pages and not listed. Checked Cotswold Fayre too and no joy... :-(

The image of the rice on the plate looks outstanding!

Secondly how do you cook it? whenever I try to boil rice it comes out like a gloopy, stodgy mess! I always have to resort to the microwave 2 minute pouches!

Good post...my latest rice from this company is not the same ..not basmati!
It doesn't cook correctly or taste the same....its either a very different variety or not aged. Anyway I contacted them via Facebook and they said they'd send more...they never did. So...I won't be bothering with them again. A shame really as all the other stuff I got was excellent.
I now have some Badshah...from Asda which if you prepare carefully...ie. rinse and don't boil to death,is workable.
I'm still looking for an alternative...

Latest posts

Back