Curse that flaming yellow ball!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Badger

Regular.
Reaction score
So it's finally happened.

For the first time since my return to home brewing I have hit trouble with the temperature being too high. Started an IPA last night and it's merrily fermenting away, but it seems to be at about 25C, with the temperature in the room around 22C. No brewing fridge so window opened, electric fan placed strategically and consideration being given to risk carrying a full fermenter down some stairs to a cooler spot...

Unless you are lucky enough to have a dank cellar it's difficult to brew consistently throughout the year without a brew fridge, which is much easier to come across.

That's the reason homebrew got such a bad press in 70's/80's, we have technology now to help us !

Temperature now down to just over 20C. It's less than 24 hours since pitching the yeast, so hopefully nipped any major off flavours in the bud. Weather forecast is 25C tomorrow, so without intervention the beer would most likely have been cooking away in the fermenter at over 25C for a couple of days. And I'm not using Kveik!

Latest posts

Back