Cyclists! Can I watch the Giro free?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a free 7 day trial of Eurosport player via the Amazon app on my smart TV. I can't find any live sport on it. I understand it does stream live sport, does anyone know how I can access it? Preferably on my TV. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Quite likely actually.

Incidentally I checked out GCN this morning and the App is available on my Samsung TV so I am going to give it a try.

@clib Eurosport Player, if I recall if you go HERE you should see "On Now" the Giro starts at 1200, there is also a Giro link at the top

Looking forward to watching stage 4 of the Tour de France, Redon to Fougères kicking off from Redon, just down the road from us. Three years ago we had it pass through our village in Caden- all over in a flash, I have to say, but a starting line promises more fun.
June 29th.

Looking forward to watching stage 4 of the Tour de France, Redon to Fougères kicking off from Redon, just down the road from us. Three years ago we had it pass through our village in Caden- all over in a flash, I have to say, but a starting line promises more fun.
June 29th.
Ive been to the finish in Paris a couple of times now, was there for the best ever TdF, 1989 with the 8 second win by Lemond over Fignon. Fantastic experience.

As with most of these subscription services, unless you want them to automatically take out the money next year/month then you need to accept that option and then find your account and cancel.

Incidentally I checked out GCN this morning and the App is available on my Samsung TV so I am going to give it a try.

@clib Eurosport Player, if I recall if you go HERE you should see "On Now" the Giro starts at 1200, there is also a Giro link at the top
Cheers. The Eurosport player app on my tv doesn't let me do that, I only seem to be able to watch non-live stuff.

Edit - solved, my old smart tv can't manage the live streaming, lack of software updating I guess, but my lad got it working via his PS4. Now wondering if I can get another fix, son said maybe a Chromecast.

Last edited:
So, I signed up with GCN, and I did not know that they actually share the live coverage with Eurosport lol which means I have to put up with Rob Hatch's annoying Italian accent. If I was to compare the two subscriptions and which to go for I would say if you only want it for cycling then go with GCN because they have lots of other available content like cycling documentaries and films available. If you want to watch other sport as well, then go with Eurosport.

So, I signed up with GCN, and I did not know that they actually share the live coverage with Eurosport lol which means I have to put up with Rob Hatch's annoying Italian accent. If I was to compare the two subscriptions and which to go for I would say if you only want it for cycling then go with GCN because they have lots of other available content like cycling documentaries and films available. If you want to watch other sport as well, then go with Eurosport.
Yeah I feel I may as well have the option to watch the other sports occasionally.

The Quest morons have repeated the time trial tonight instead of today's stage!

The giro is on Rai I think so if you can find a way to get Italian telly you should be able to watch it.

You should listen to him in Spanish, he's part of a podcast. He speaks it very well but he has this daft Canarian accent which just sounds forced to me!

You should listen to him in Spanish, he's part of a podcast. He speaks it very well but he has this daft Canarian accent which just sounds forced to me!
In an interview he mentioned that he got some stick on Twitter for it. He explained it away by saying it was out of respect for the riders and it was the Brexiteers that hated him for it. Personally I think it sounds pretentious, yes he can speak the language well but it reminds me of British people on holiday speaking English in a foreign accent to foreigners thinking they will understand it better.

I reckon he only does the accent for 'Latin' languages so he can sound like a lover boy, I've not noticed him coughing up phlegm for Dutch or German, let alone Polish/Russian, etc.

Should be a good stage today

giro_ditalia_2021_stage_6.jpg

Rai has it live, so does Eurosport. Youtube shows only the highlights.

In an interview he mentioned that he got some stick on Twitter for it. He explained it away by saying it was out of respect for the riders and it was the Brexiteers that hated him for it. Personally I think it sounds pretentious, yes he can speak the language well but it reminds me of British people on holiday speaking English in a foreign accent to foreigners thinking they will understand it better.
I'm really good at speaking English in a foreign accent. When I need to. 🤓

(I voted remain but wasn't that bothered and I found staunch remainers and brexiters equally annoying. I couldn't separate them at all. It made me want be neither British nor European. 🤪

Back