DAP Expiry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyB

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if DAP has an expiry period. I’m using a DAP in my wine which I bought 1 year ago. I just don’t think it’s bubbling like it should. Is the DAP maybe old?

I didn't know it had an expiry date? There are lots of other variables that can affect fermentation, but I think it's unlikely it is the DAP.

Oh FFS

I didn't understand it either, have never seen anyone use that before and don't want to see it ever again :evil:

Moley said:
Oh FFS

I didn't understand it either, have never seen anyone use that before and don't want to see it ever again :evil:

??? I don’t understand - you haven’t seen anyone use DAP. I’m new to brewing- I thought it was a common yeast nutrient? What else could be used?

I meant that I haven't noticed anyone else using it as an acronym. A Google search of the forum did find a few other instances, although users usually said “DAP nutrient”.

It isn't in the forum glossary either, although Wikipedia does recognise it.

So, to confirm - diammonium phosphate does not expire and can last many years - Is that right?

Found a materials data sheet on the web, it doesn't like really high temperatures but apart from that appears to be very stable

Back