Dark farm discount?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, does anyone have any advice on whether to get the all in one or the disconnect system? I'm very new to brewing but can see myself really getting into this so thinking the extra cost could be worth it long term...

Also, does anyone have any advice on whether to get the all in one or the disconnect system? I'm very new to brewing but can see myself really getting into this so thinking the extra cost could be worth it long term...
I was in a similar position in spring and bought the all in one, wanting to get my first brew in years carbonated in a hurry. Santa will be bringing me additional kegs and a disconnect upgrade.
I'm happy enough having done it that way. Gareth took the time to answer many questions before both purchases. Purchases arrived quickly and immaculately packaged.
clapa

Thanks Wolf! Spent a while researching which mini kegs to go for. This forum sold dark farm for me! Lots of great feedback.
I still can't decide about the disconnect system. Does it have any benefits other than being able to transfer beer anaerobically?

I originally bought two Dark Farm 5L minikegs, with regular screw tops and a single tap/regulator system (old style) back in April. The kegs were fine, but I was always a bit dissatisfied with not being able to properly gas prime both kegs at the same time. I usually ended up sugar priming, then when ready to drink chilling the keg and as quick as I could swap the screw top for the tap top.

Subsequently I bought two more Dark Farm 5L kegs, which are now double walled, quick disconnect tops for both and a quick disconnect tap/regulator system. I also bought two more quick disconnect tops for my existing minikegs.

Cutting to the chase, quick disconnect tops for the win. A lot less messing about and I can gas prime from my big CO2 bottle if required.

Yep, would agree with all that phillc said above and it's more or less what I've done. It's a bit more expensive going down the disconnect route but allows you to have more force carbed kegs ready to go at any time. Once santa comes I'll have the same split of 2+2 kegs. One with my original all in one, one with a disconnect ready to dispense. One with a disconnect ready to switch to next and one with an original screwcap. At some point I'll probably end up buying another spearhead to replace the screwcap.

Thanks phillc and wolf. I think ill go straight for the 2 keg disconnect system. Seems worth the extra spend!

Possibly - but likely to be a price rise soon as we will soon be charging VAT. Best discount is now + Hop Club

Back