Dark Rock Bosses Boss

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm moving on, just done partial mash, Dark Rock Punk IPA, been in the keg for about 5 days and tastes great. I also started The Bosses Boss last Friday, OG1070, I didn't notice it was a 7.5 ABV. I added 1kg of brewing sugar as per instructions. Has anyone done it without the 1kg brewing sugar and if so what ABV did it end up. The punk ipa tastes great but I only got about 18 litres due to the trub, there was a lot of hop debris, should I use a Muslin bag? Would this make a difference to the end product? I due to add the hops to the Bosses Boss on Monday so I would like some advice please.

Forgot to add that the Bosses Boss is down to 1020, should I add the first batch of hop now

Done quite a few of the bosses boss, never added any sugar as it would be to high abv for me like you have found out.When i put it in bottles i used to get roughly 36 x500mls.If i remember there is about 360g of hops in that kit.

The down side to big hop beers, the hops drink quite alot.

Done quite a few of the bosses boss, never added any sugar as it would be to high abv for me like you have found out.When i put it in bottles i used to get roughly 36 x500mls.If i remember there is about 360g of hops in that kit.

The down side to big hop beers, the hops drink quite alot.
What abv did you get without the sugar, have you tried a Muslin bag for the hops?

I edited the post before noticing that a few spotted the typo!

After doing the kit a few times, i started to play around with mash times and temps.
Have never put dry hops in a bag, throw straight in lose.
about 5.6% was the best spot for me.

I’m currently fermenting a batch of Bosses Boss and really looking forward to tasting this one.
I’ve done dry hopping before, adding hops after fermentation ends. But with this double dry hopped recipie I need to add one lot of hops “near the end of fermentation”, the other is added after fermentation ends.
just wondering for those that have brewed this before, when did you add the hops “near fermentation end”?

Happily working through the Bosses Boss, went without the added 1KG of brewing sugar and still above 6%.

This is a great beer, strong but with bags of hoppy flavour. Tasts even better after 4 weeks of conditioning.

Attachments

• 20220513_174409.jpg
    20220513_174409.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back