Dark Rock Brewing Session Series - India Pale Lager Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to ferment the Aussie Gold in the garage and from memory it took 16 days to finish 1007 at an average temperature in the FV of 18/19°C. Then 48 hours with the hops in before bottling. So in my earlier post "well" was really with reference to the low FG rather than the speed and also I have never had a brew with such airlock activity.

Ta matey, will add some patience

I've done three kits in this range - West Coast Pale Ale was amazing, India Pale Lager was good, Riwaka Pale Ale was average. I'm going to try the Aussie Gold and the Citra next.

Dry hopping temperature advice please. Brewing the West coast IPA been fermenting for about 9 days at 21° in fridge (with InkBird). So just added the dry hops and the instructions say leave in a cooler place for 2 days. I've gone down to 18° but do you think I should set it lower than this.

I had exactly the same query, so contacted Dark Rock. They came back and said aim for 12ºC, so that's what I did. It's a lovely beer.

Latest posts

Back