Dark Rock, rivals the premium kits IMHO

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tried this kit after watching a Partridge Brothers review.

Approx £20 ish for the kit and Dark Rock enhancer. This contains hop boost, Harris Pure Brew and head retainer.

I use Harris Pure Brew in all my 40 pint kits, to me it really does reduce the homebrew twang plus provide a constant fermentation without sticking. So getting it in the kit is a massive bonus.

Fermentation was excellent, no issues and constant tilt drop via the ispindel. Nice and warm so no need for heat band at this time of year. Used a 30l FV to give some head space to stop blowouts.

19L into the corny under 'set and forget' (13psi) for 2 weeks. Rest into 500ml PET with a single carb drop.

Really impressed with the kit, loads of Citra and tropical taste comes through with a full mouth feel not a million miles from part grain.

Done the festivals/St Peters etc which have always impressed but not just for a good price saving I have to say this kit is right up there. Packs a punch and I cannot wait to try the other one's from Dark Rock.

Screenshot_20210712-084713_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210712-090116_Gallery.jpg

Just had a look on their site, how long have they been out, I never saw them last time I went on there. Might have to try a couple of them to keep stock up as I haven't had time to do an AG for a couple of weeks.

Tried this kit after watching a Partridge Brothers review.

Approx £20 ish for the kit and Dark Rock enhancer. This contains hop boost, Harris Pure Brew and head retainer.

I use Harris Pure Brew in all my 40 pint kits, to me it really does reduce the homebrew twang plus provide a constant fermentation without sticking. So getting it in the kit is a massive bonus.

Fermentation was excellent, no issues and constant tilt drop via the ispindel. Nice and warm so no need for heat band at this time of year. Used a 30l FV to give some head space to stop blowouts.

19L into the corny under 'set and forget' (13psi) for 2 weeks. Rest into 500ml PET with a single carb drop.

Really impressed with the kit, loads of Citra and tropical taste comes through with a full mouth feel not a million miles from part grain.

Done the festivals/St Peters etc which have always impressed but not just for a good price saving I have to say this kit is right up there. Packs a punch and I cannot wait to try the other one's from Dark Rock.

View attachment 50779
View attachment 50780
Very useful thanks as I am considering doing one from this range and just wondering if you have tried any of the others yet?

Not yet micklupulo but on my list matey, struggling to brew in this warm weather
Sorry to bother you again but just one more question as I see one of the hops is Citra. I could drink Oakham Citra all day but find Adnams Ghost Ship (also based on Citra hops) totally undrinkable. All the reviews of this kit are glowing but tastes do vary so I just wonder please if the finished brew bears any resemblance to Ghost Ship.

I agree that the West Coast Pale Ale is superb. I've also tried the India Pale Lager which was okay. I was a bit disappointed with the Riwaka Pale which was average (I was expecting that one to be really good). I'm going to try the Aussie Gold and the Citra next. The Partridge Bros rate both of these highly.

Back