David Attenborough (Not a R.I.P)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_S_Jerusalem

Landlord.
Reaction score
Guys, if you haven’t watched it already, watch his new movie on Netflix or in any other way you can. It’s called A Life on Our Planet and it is the best movie I have seen for a long time.

It has a powerful message to put across that the man himself does in the best way possible. Please watch this movie if you can.

I have started listening to the podcasts below David Attenborough is in part one -

BBC Radio 5 live - What Planet Are We On? ...with Liz Bonnin - Downloads

4444.jpg

When I read his name then, I thought this was an obituary thread! Very glad to see it’s not!

He dominates all wildlife films and some independent producers struggle if he does not do the voice over. I find his vocal tics very annoying and prefer a commentary by a non celebrity. Attenborough really ought to fade away gracefully and give others a bit of room. He speaks in soundbites like Jeremy Clarkson, stressing words at random. He was never a fluid talker. I hope he lives to be a hundred, but quietly.

He dominates all wildlife films and some independent producers struggle if he does not do the voice over. I find his vocal tics very annoying and prefer a commentary by a non celebrity. Attenborough really ought to fade away gracefully and give others a bit of room. He speaks in soundbites like Jeremy Clarkson, stressing words at random. He was never a fluid talker. I hope he lives to be a hundred, but quietly.
I think he’s bloody amazing personally

Have you and MSJ had a spat at some time in the past as there seems to be a bit of a pattern developing here today. :laugh8:

Have you and MSJ had a spat at some time in the past as there seems to be a bit of a pattern developing here today. :laugh8:
I honestly dunno man, I mean he doesn’t like raisin suggestions, he doesn’t like David Attenborough, I mean frankly I’m hurt. I’m hurt and I’m a little lost as to how to feel about the situation. Baffled even. It’s like he doesn’t even know me anymore. Do we need counselling?

Next you’re gonna tell me he doesn’t like Taskmaster, I mean that would just be awful

Taskmaster is the worst dross I have never (sic) watched. I have seen the trailers and conclude that the British public have very low standards. But MSJ is a fine fellow and well able to withstand my withering opinions. wink...

Taskmaster is the worst dross I have never (sic) watched. I have seen the trailers and conclude that the British public have very low standards. But MSJ is a fine fellow and well able to withstand my withering opinions. wink...
Literally do not understand your beef with taskmaster lol. I think it’s hilarious

lol I am not easily offended. Although I do like to pretend I am for fun.

Have you watched the David Attenborough thing yet?

The sight of that pompous **** on his horrible plastic throne surrounded by celebrity sycophantic gibbering idiots makes me nauseous. That they get paid thousands to appear and get expenses and chauffered cars just adds salt to the bile I feel rising in my throat as I type.

The sight of that pompous **** on his horrible plastic throne surrounded by celebrity sycophantic gibbering idiots makes me nauseous. That they get paid thousands to appear and get expenses and chauffered cars just adds salt to the bile I feel rising in my throat as I type.
I agree with this appraisal of The Graham Norton Show.

Back