David Heath Called out ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't watch Sarah's YouTube either, so don't worry... lol

In fact, I literally just use this forum now, basically because after trying an FB group and another forum, at least on this one if somebody starts an argument with me they will have usually done a bit of actual research first.. I got sick to death of arguing with people who had literally never done any research or reading for themselves ever, but decided that they were experts on everything. If I want that, I'll join a US forum... :p

Blimey - bit of brew scandal !

“Grainfather Gate - You Tuber Corruption” will be in the Sun tomorrow !

Personally don’t give a tosh. I’m sensible enough to look at many reviews before buying an expensive product like this , so the haters out there need to get a life.

Welcome aboard David , I hope you’ll stick around !
Haha, yeah it was so much drama...like something off Eastenders or Corrie.
Personally I just want to crack on with the brewing videos!
Many thanks for the welcome, much appreciated :)

Personally, I think the channel is great. I hope all the furore over nothing only increases your subscription rate

Thanks Mike. Yes, the subs have been rolling in to be fair. I think I've gained more subs than "Daft cat" has in total since releasing my original video that hers responded to.

I don't watch Sarah's YouTube either, so don't worry... lol

In fact, I literally just use this forum now, basically because after trying an FB group and another forum, at least on this one if somebody starts an argument with me they will have usually done a bit of actual research first.. I got sick to death of arguing with people who had literally never done any research or reading for themselves ever, but decided that they were experts on everything. If I want that, I'll join a US forum... :p
Yes, you do seem to get more "Keyboard warriors" on Facebook groups compared to forums. I enjoy the smaller private topic focused groups personally.

I am sorry to hear you feel that way. I have an approx 99% like rate on my channel, I guess no channel gets 100%. Having said this I do think of ways to please the 1% from time to time.
Youtube isn't television. Anything over 4 seconds before a video is a loss of audience retention. Youtube involves a lot of binge viewing. If you're putting out a contextless tedious start to all your videos you're presenting a tedious version of your channel.

Youtube isn't television. Anything over 4 seconds before a video is a loss of audience retention. Youtube involves a lot of binge viewing. If you're putting out a contextless tedious start to all your videos you're presenting a tedious version of your channel.

This isn't an "If that's your call about my content" it's an actualy recommendation about not being ****.. Trim that dire intro - bore the world less by 14 seconds less per video and you're making headway.

"Oooh, I enjoy the song!" stfu,

Hmm and yet my channel won the prize for the 3rd best brewing channel on Youtube worldwide. Audience retention is far from an issue on my channel, trust me I get a great deal of stats on this from Youtube.I have thought about reducing the intro but very few people have ever commented about it. I guess most just judge it on the content, not the intro. I do get a lot more comments from people who say they love the intro. I guess you can just skip past it if you find it that bothersome. I spend an average of 20 plus hours on each video and here you are moaning about seconds! Thanks for your feedback though, I will give this further thought.

Thanks Mike. Yes, the subs have been rolling in to be fair. I think I've gained more subs than "Daft cat" has in total since releasing my original video that hers responded to.

Ooooh, you're amazing. It's amazing that you've stayed classy and not brought pettiness into things to show how much better you are. I don't actually mind you, DH, but you've got really petty arguments and I'm all over that..

I put a lot of effort into my channel. I dont think that makes me amazing but the majority appreciate it. Sorry to hear you think I am petty. I have had death threats against myself and my family for many months. That is the real reason why I made my video calling trolls out and disclosing all my personal and professional information in a video.
Have a think about how you would react?!
Sarah spoke out against that ignoring the truth and fabricated her own version. She has no idea on the reality, it was just negative guess work that she wrapped up as truth. She only did this because of the whole Brewtube issue back in history that I have detailed elsewhere. Oddly it is one of the most viewed videos on her channel in a very short time. Had I really been petty I could have made a video calling her out or I could have named and linked her video for people to hate on. I did neither. I just carried on making content. I am not in this for school yard drama. I have made brewing my life, I want to get that knowledge out there to help other brewers. Hate on me if you like but I am offering info and my time for free here! Sorry you hate my intro but that seems petty to me in all honesty compared to the bigger picture here.

The Baron posted "David Heath Called out" and
Dave joined to give his side of the story and I am not surprised he did having read his posts, I don't think the petty dig was helpful and I am surprised you posted it, did you take the time to read the full thread or just skim through it before calling him petty if it's the latter I suggest you start at the beginning and read it in full.

Last edited:
The Baron posted "David Heath Called out" and
Dave joined to give his side of the story and I am not surprised he did having read his posts, I don't think the petty dig was helpful and I am surprised you posted it, did you take the time to read the full thread or just skim through it before calling him petty if it's the latter I suggest you start at the beginning and read it in full.

Nothing surprises me anymore :) Many thanks for your support here, much appreciated.

I think most of us brewers have developed an attention span that goes beyond the average goldfish so I can't see an intro being a problem.
I would hope so! I will look at chopping the intro down, Drunkula is not the first to mention it. Having said that much more people say they love it compared to any other view point.
I am unsure why a mere intro would upset people though.

My Mrs sings along with the intro in Dave's vids and thinks it's highly hilarious to swap the words...saying "drink beer it's BAD for you..."
Such cheek I can tell you.
Haha, yeah I really like the song myself.
My wife however has heard it so many times that she now considers it a punishment!

I am unsure why a mere intro would upset people though.

Because it's the internet, which has no place for empathy.

I think the production side of the videos is pretty slick and lends an air of legitimacy and authority to the channel. I would suggest some Batman (TV show) or Home Improvement (Tim the Toolman Taylor) style cuts between scenes though.

I rather like the intro song, I like beer too! and have found your videos very useful.
And - rather belated - welcome to the forum!
Cheers

Thank you :) Good to hear that you like the intro and beer :) Awesome to hear that you have found my videos very useful and any welcome is of course appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back