December Competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidHatton

Reaction score
Will be judging the above competition, British Pale Ales, Bitters and Milds

So please DM if you would like to get involved.

Tasting & Judging to be held new years eve or after if there are some later entries.

Cheers

David

I'll enter my stab at an Exmoor Gold and an English IPA.
My entry will be a variation on my Dartmoor Jail Ale...not far from Exmoor but very different to Exmoor Gold.

I'm not sure if I have a recipe for Exmoor Gold. If I check my books and can't find one I may be asking you to share yours.

My entry will be a variation on my Dartmoor Jail Ale...not far from Exmoor but very different to Exmoor Gold.

I'm not sure if I have a recipe for Exmoor Gold. If I check my books and can't find one I may be asking you to share yours.

No worries, though you may be better off asking @Cheshire Cat as that's who inspired me to try one. Nevertheless this was my recipe. It's for 18-20l or so. Og 1056, diluted it back to 1053 and pitched cml midland for an abv of 5%. Its got too much body compared to the real thing in my opinion but tastes quite similiar.

How did your jail go, that another lovely pint.

3kg otter
1kg vienna
1kg munich

Brought it up to 75c for a little while then sparged and brought to the boil.

40g challenger @60
20g ekg @15 with protofloc
30g ekg hopsteep at 80c for 30mins.

I've got an Admiral IPA I bottled a month ago I'll send, hopefully RM will get it there on time
Just dropped this off at the post office for last collection, hopefully will arrrive end of next week for new years eve.
Will probably need some time to settle so best opened last !

Evening Gents, Was a real pleasure to sample such a great bunch of beers.
Found it to be harder than first expected, so here are the results:-

3rd Gunt, Stu's golden ale, lovely and crisp but with a nice light biscuity caramel flavour.

2nd Jail Ale, Richard M, very tasty, malty & hoppy ale.

1st Tanglefoot Admiral Hopped ale, was absolutley lovely.

Thank you again for all the entries. have a good evening.

Back