Decent postage rate?!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMyd666

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi folks. I completed my first partial mash 3 weeks ago and want to continue as I found it far more fun than diluting cans. However I'm having a hard time sourcing a hb online store that has decent postage rates.
Those of us in the far north / Highland mainland mostly get screwed for postage. So far the only good one is Brew2bottle but they have a limited range of malts. I've tried love2brew. Geterbrewed, malt miller, shop4homebrew, the homebrew shop, brew UK. Some of them have all that I need and even some really nice partial mash kits, but the postage is at least half again the product price and by that I mean up to 19 quid.
If any of you know of somewhere else offering cheaper postage then I'd really appreciate finding out what store does!
Thanks in advance

Hi folks. I completed my first partial mash 3 weeks ago and want to continue as I found it far more fun than diluting cans. However I'm having a hard time sourcing a hb online store that has decent postage rates.
Those of us in the far north / Highland mainland mostly get screwed for postage. So far the only good one is Brew2bottle but they have a limited range of malts. I've tried love2brew. Geterbrewed, malt miller, shop4homebrew, the homebrew shop, brew UK. Some of them have all that I need and even some really nice partial mash kits, but the postage is at least half again the product price and by that I mean up to 19 quid.
If any of you know of somewhere else offering cheaper postage then I'd really appreciate finding out what store does!
Thanks in advance
Try THBC...
http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/delivery-c-15.html

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190911_183852_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190911_183852_com.android.chrome.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 89
+1 on that.
Plan ahead, bulk order, then take advantage of very competitive prices and the forum discount, to justify having to spend over £70 to get free P&P. And sometimes they have site wide reductions for limited period e.g around St Patricks Day.
My supplier of choice.
Although they have some funny malts, sometimes
I pay £12.95 for up to 31Kg to France. DOes it cost even more to the Highlands and Islands?

Ah, I forgot the home brew company. Will check them out again thanks! Can't remember which place but postage was 18.95. No ta!
Terrym ; forum discount??

Ah, I forgot the home brew company. Will check them out again thanks! Can't remember which place but postage was 18.95. No ta!
Terrym ; forum discount??
I can never remember where the discount codes are stored,but Chippy or MyQul will put you right. It's 5% off, anyway.
Just as a matter of interest, I wanted a couple of replacement seals for Speidel lids, costing about 1.45 euros each and weighing about 50g. The postage from Germany to France was 15 euros. Told them where they could shove them.

I realised I missed off ordering the wheat for a couple of wheat beers I have planned asad.
I ended up ordering from CML. Was about £20 including postage for 10kg of grain which is good when you factor in postage costs. Good communication from them athumb..

I feel your pain.

The Home-Brew Company is only £6.95 for the Highlands (no extra postage costs because of where we live) and there is a forum discount, and the Brew Store in Edinburgh is £5.95/30 Kilo, and free postage over £60.

Latest posts

Back