Deformed Fermentersaurus

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wulfserc

Reaction score
Morning all,

A few weeks back I managed to stupidly deform my Fermentersaurus by pourning boiling hot wort into it (I know, I know...) I don't know what I was thinking but anyway, as expected it has now got a lot of funky lumps and depressions on it, it still works of sorts but I don't trust the integrity enough to pressure ferment.
I've seen the brew2bottle have a 35l Fermentersaurus grainery that looks like it would make an ideal spare tank, can anyone confirm this? I've tried emailing brew2bottle but I'm guessing they're pretty busy as I haven't heard back from them, any infomwould be great,

Many thanks!

I was able to get a replacement tank from our LHBS. They said as it was old it shouldn't be used to pressure ferment, but all of my FSaurus are at least that old and going strong still. But I agree the grainery looks the same. Trouble is if you email keg king for info they are slow to reply and last time they were pretty rude in their reply. But it doesn't seem likely that they'd have a separate production line to make grainerys.

I believe the tanks for the Grainfather are the tanks that have failed the quality control so might not hold out for a pressure ferment. I might be wrong.

The main problem is the fact that Keg King only have one U.K. distributor (B2B), and also the fact that COVID has affected how many and how often shipments they can get over.

Back