• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Demijohns

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a look round the charity shops if you have any (take a picture with you as the staff often dont know what a Demijohn is) and also on the notice boards in supermarkets, i got all but 2 of mine this way.

Tesco sale will be on again soon and with free delivery their DJ's are good value.

Use 5L water bottles if your really stuck. You can buy a grommit and fit an airlock. Does the job TBH.

I imagine you've tried eBay already, but if not then do a search for demijohns within five miles or so of your postcode. People don't really want to post them, and you can easily grab a bargain if you are prepared to collect. I got all mine (about 15 at the last count) this way.

Use 5L water bottles if your really stuck. You can buy a grommit and fit an airlock. Does the job TBH.

+1 i dont bother drilling the caps to fit a grommet and airlock, simply unscrewing the lid so its not sealed tight suffices, just remember to tighten any lids before you more them and loosen again when settled in the new position,,

:whistle:

I looked around for Demi Johns and ended up using plastic 5L & 8L for my non beer brewing. I bought five grommets on line for £1.95 and fitted the airlocks and they've all worked a treat. I do wash them immediately I'm done bottling as the ridges would be harder to clean if they're left.

Latest posts

Back