Denbies Vineyard

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
I took a client (I work with people with learning disabilites) to Denbies Vineyard today. We went on two tours. The first was an outside tour around the vineyard in a landrover pulling mini train like carriages. The area is part of the south down and quite hilly. We went up some hill or other and you could see right across Surrey

The second tour was a video followed by a tour around the winery and some wine tasting. There was only me and my client on this tour. The tour guide even got extra wine out when my client said he liked red wine more than white.

I was very interested to learn how they get the yeast out of the sparkling wine. Apparently they turn the bottles upside down and let the yeast settle in the neck ( I could do this with my FastRack rack for my beer). Then they freeze the neck, open the bottle so the frozen plug of yeast shoots out the bottle. Then add some more wine to relace the little bit thats lost. Then recap. Dunno how I'd freeze just the neck of a beer bottle.

I lead a hard life *sigh*

https://www.denbies.co.uk/

Sounds like a great day out.

I remember watching this a while ago and thought they were a great IIRC they were expensive so I guess that killed sales.

Did you know Surrey Hills brewery are on the same site now? What you describe about the sparkling wine I think is exactly the traditional Champagne method.

Did you know Surrey Hills brewery are on the same site now? What you describe about the sparkling wine I think is exactly the traditional Champagne method.

No I didnt go to the surrey hills brewery. I have suggested a second visit to my client to do that. He seems quite keen.

Yes, this must be the 'traditional champagne method, as the tour guide was saying it's used on there sparkling wine which is exactly the same as champagne (but cant of course call it that)

Latest posts

Back