Did the earth move for you?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I remember the 5.2 magnitude quake linked to below but this one was a little too far South.

Earthquake felt across much of England and Wales

A minor earthquake with a 4.4 magnitude has affected parts of Wales and England.

The quake was felt over all of Wales, most of western England, as far east as London and as far north as the southern edge of the Lake District, the British Geological Survey (BGS) said.

The epicentre was approximately 20km north-north-east of Swansea and at a depth of 7.4km, it added.

There have been no reports of serious damage or injuries.

Events of this magnitude happen in the UK every three to five years, the BGS said.

Roger Musson, from the BGS, said it was the largest earthquake in Britain for the last 10 years.

He said it was "relatively shallow" for a larger British earthquake. They are usually around 15-20km deep.

Read more http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43097113

_100068605_dwpyd8iw4aunrvb.jpg

eeeeeeeee.jpg

Last edited:
Hi!
It's caused £13.54 worth of damage.

Unlike the 2007 (?) quake which upset the cats and caused the missus' wine bottle to fall off the dressing table! Phoned me at work in a right panic, she did. "Gunge, Gunge... we got any more waahn"?

Didn't feel a wobble here in Pembrokeshire but I did hear what sounded like a lorry pulling up outside our house. Made me get up out of my chair to go and check but there was nothing there. Not surprising really as a lorry wouldn't fit down our lane, even a transit van is a tight fit...
My daughter in Bath felt a goodly shake of her building though.

There was a quite “big” one on 27th Feb 2008, which did wake us up. Can’t believe that was nearly 10 years ago!

Didn’t feel this one, obviously being on the other side of the country!

Misses said she thought the hose creaked..

Me and the kids were at the rugby in the stands so we didn't notice anything.

Back