Digital flow meters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timw

Reaction score
Morning all.

Any recommendations for accurate yet cheapish (sub £50) digital in-line flow meters?

I currently use a large 2lt plastic jug to measure out my water volumes - whether that's taking water from my brew kettle to mash in with (which can be between say 8lts to 13lts for a normal 23lt brew).

I've never been bothered to accurately work out my equipment volumes, deadspace, etc mainly because the faff of trying to measure it all with a 2lt jug by eye isn't appealing!

I was wondering whether there's a decent inline meter that I could hook up to a tube off the kettle for instance to be able to run liquor through and measure more accurately/consistently.

I see there's a bunch of different ones on eBay but not sure how accurate these are.

Anyone got something similar - or is this overcomplicating things?!

It's up to you but I wouldn't bother. An easy way is to put 2kg of water in your jug (1litre=1kg) and mark your jug ..the markings on my jug aren't accurate. Then fill up your boiler or whatever with the amount of jugs you need...then make a measuring stick.
I round up mash water and sparge into full litres then just add X amount of jugs..

I’ve thought about something like this, I have a sight glass on my hlt so can control what does into the mash, but can’t measure what come out of my mt and adding into a jug is just a faff and adds to splashing when putting in the kettle. The cheaper ones don’t seem that accurate. I’d be interested to hear if there is any suitable ones out there at a reasonable price

Latest posts

Back