Dilly Dilly!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So a new advert from the pee factory for their Bud Light - a disgusting no point beverage that sullies the name of Beer. Can you imagine people even in the Medieval past wanting to drink that rubbish?

They would have been drinking something much weaker!
I would rather drink that than Bud light..how on earth can anything that S**t be made under the name beer? It is like 1984 - people believe anything the thought police tell them. I am so happy for the beer revolution in the US which is blowing that evil corp away in market share!! (obviously they make a third of the worls beer with the other two monsters but losing share to real beer makers!)

4523932088_04bdc450c5_o.jpg

Looks totally wrong

Bud light is obviously pants, but the advert is an interesting study in marketing. They have obviously identified the threat of craft beer and are trying to exploit one of its apparent weaknesses; it's perceived pretentiousness. The guy with the mead ' that he's really been getting into recently' is an obvious dig at the more ridiculous end of that market. It will play well to their target audience, me thinks.

However, the counter point is that the bud light drinkers in the advert are obviously under threat of death if they don't join in and drink the King's watery beer, suggesting it is a drink for the weak sheep who follow.

There's a whole marketing / sociology final year essay in that advert!

I have a friend who used to buy imported American light beers on the internet. I have no idea why he would want to do this, but he was almost like a connoisseur of light beer! He used to complain that even the likes of Schiehallion were “too hoppy”.

Seems to be a rising trend over here, I see Pabst Blue Ribbon has just been launched. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Michelob Ultra making a comeback.

Fortunately, at the moment, we only get the one daft Dilly Dilly advert over here (the one described above by jjsh).
Unfortunately, from talking to some American friends, there is a whole series of them which they showed during the many intervals during American Football games last season. I wait in eager anticipation...:roll:

My missus travelled to Chicago early this year for a relative's wedding. They kept saying "Dilly Dilly" when drinking, and having not seen the advert she didn't know what they meant, and they kept asking if we said it over here! They didn't realise it was just a made up phrase.
Perfect marketing....... most marketing is a lie and most people believe marketing! Job done!

So a new advert from the pee factory for their Bud Light - a disgusting no point beverage that sullies the name of Beer. Can you imagine people even in the Medieval past wanting to drink that rubbish?

Ironically enough, the beverage which is dismissed by the bloke in charge sounds far more interesting that the terrible drink being advertised.

Back