Disaster!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andylanc1975

Regular.
Reaction score
Well I thought as it's a cool day, brewing up in the garage would mean less likely the cut out on the Burco would er, cut in. Today, instead of cutting in 45 minutes into the boil, it decided to do it before the boil had even started. It's at 95, so nearly there but I think I'm going to have to do a 120 minute boil... This is not going to go down well with the boss

Not yet, me and electrics aren't the best of friends, so I'm consulting lots of posts on how to do it before risking it! Before yesterday, the cut out hadn't really kicked in much, so it wasn't getting in the way of brewing. After yesterday though, I'm definitely looking more closely at what the options are!

the thermal fuse went on mine i bridged it
The boiler still cuts out when the wort sticks to element is starts again when you srapre the wort off with a plastic beer spoon.

Mine's a burco, so the element is concealed, does this make a difference? Plus, the sound of that thermal fuse going, that gets me nervous!

Latest posts

Back