Dispense advice/ideas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oddersocks

Reaction score
First post..
I have a small brick lean to on the back of my garage that’s been used to store bikes and other unused stuff and have been given the green light to use it as a cellar.
I plan to have a couple of fridges in there along with CO2 so that I can use it for conditioning cornys.
I built a bar in the shed which is about 15 ft away and am looking for any advice on the best way to dispense.
I don’t have the room to put a fridge in the bar.
I’ve considered chiller/python line from the lean to or else trying to make some kind of refrigerated unit round the back of the shed, just an insulated box where I can put a keg in a cold jacket of some description.
Any advice or insights welcome. If I go chiller/python line route does anyone have any recommendations or things I should be considering?
If I go local insulated box route, we’ll, same question again really!
Thanks for reading this. Picture of bar included!

Attachments

• BF060D61-942A-46FC-BC9F-1896D5D38049.jpeg
    BF060D61-942A-46FC-BC9F-1896D5D38049.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 61
My first question would be, how long would the line be if you're running it between your bar and the fridge? Can it go straight through a wall? I'd probably just run a line as direct as possible, hold the fridges at 0C with an inkbird, and insulate the line. Glycol chillers are extortionate, and not really necessary if you can keep the line pretty short...

Thanks for your reply. The total distance between fridge and bar would be 15 feet. The line would come through the wall of the brick lean-to then along the outside of the back wall of the shed and through the shed wall directly under the bar. The area behind the shed is out of direct sunlight and I had wondered if just insulating the line from the fridge would be good enough over this length of run.
I suppose I could use python line anyway, and then the cooling/return lines are already installed should I need to think about adding cooling.

Thanks for your reply. The total distance between fridge and bar would be 15 feet. The line would come through the wall of the brick lean-to then along the outside of the back wall of the shed and through the shed wall directly under the bar. The area behind the shed is out of direct sunlight and I had wondered if just insulating the line from the fridge would be good enough over this length of run.
I suppose I could use python line anyway, and then the cooling/return lines are already installed should I need to think about adding cooling.
I'd do exactly that. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back