DIY adapter for pressurising kegs.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rento

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m looking for advice and ideas as I’ve been Googling all night and my head hurts!

The background is that I use corny kegs with ball locks and have loads of spare fittings and bits, use beer gas, but also have S30 valves in the kegs for parties and to make it easier to pressurise for cleaning near the sink! I also have the dual keg works carbonation cap t-piece setup for cleaning lines etc and the odd bottle.

I would like to somehow connect a normal car type valve to a ball lock so that I can use a spare co2 tyre pump gadget I have or air compressor on the kegs for cleaning lines, or even to dispense from a 2/3l soda bottle using the kegworks cap or use a tyre pressure gauge if needed.

Here is a link showing what I’m thinking, but I’m struggling to understand the component parts! I’m basically wanting to do something cheap and easy!

https://www.homebrewfinds.com/2018/12/adding-a-schrader-valve-to-a-homebrew-keg.html
Any help or suggestions are appreciate.

R

BE53A307-D0BB-45B6-B740-15693BFBD699.jpeg

I use my gadget. Schrader valve with 1/8” NPT male thread. 1/8” NPT/6mm barb connecter. Short length of pneumatic hose from replacement footpump hose. 2 hose clips. Gas IN barbed fitting. I use this to pressurise my pressure barrels with air for cleaning and leak testing.

View attachment 40195
I use my gadget. Schrader valve with 1/8” NPT male thread. 1/8” NPT/6mm barb connecter. Short length of pneumatic hose from replacement footpump hose. 2 hose clips. Gas IN barbed fitting. I use this to pressurise my pressure barrels with air for cleaning and leak testing.
Keith I have found the schrader fitting but unable to locate the female to hose barb could you let me know where you got that from please

I made the attached today.....very happy with it and really easy.

all I used was a barbed gas disconnect, an 11mm hose clamp and a rubber tyre valve extender off eBay. Total cost around £7.

5F21F53A-756E-4A08-BAF5-058F7B691D5D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back