DIY Fermentor - Advice before i start

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did have that idea too, But 1 of my fermeters i am currently using does not fit in my Fridge (height) so i decided to build one that i can put at least 2 of them in

What about something like this a fridge with extension -

1656251980689.png
1656252051263.png

I see that you have already gotten hold of an Inkbird, but if your interested in adding wifi functionality one low cost DIY way to do so is to run the brewpi software on a wifi enabled ESP8266 module. The idea is to replace the raspberry pi and the arduino with one small cheap wifi device. You can add LCD and rotary controller and check and schedule temperature changes via wifi. There are instructions here: GitHub - vitotai/BrewPiLess: Use an ESP8266 to replace RPI and Arduino. Running BrewPi without Pi, therefore, BrewPi-Less

That being said I used to run my fermentation chamber using something similar but after moving when I had to build a new one I decided to just use an STC1000 as to be honest you don't really need that much functionality...

I see that you have already gotten hold of an Inkbird, but if your interested in adding wifi functionality one low cost DIY way to do so is to run the brewpi software on a wifi enabled ESP8266 module. The idea is to replace the raspberry pi and the arduino with one small cheap wifi device. You can add LCD and rotary controller and check and schedule temperature changes via wifi. There are instructions here: GitHub - vitotai/BrewPiLess: Use an ESP8266 to replace RPI and Arduino. Running BrewPi without Pi, therefore, BrewPi-Less

That being said I used to run my fermentation chamber using something similar but after moving when I had to build a new one I decided to just use an STC1000 as to be honest you don't really need that much functionality...
I will still be doing the pi setup but in another project, hooking a tap up, ferment under pressure, drop down temp after and ready for serving without touching it. Using the pi to run the temperatures, using the ispindel to know when its done etc

Small update

This is an Epic Fail, the fridge needs need to be outside the box as the heat produced from it outweighs the cold it produces (A very stupid late night moment)

Attachments

• 20220630_221015.jpg
    20220630_221015.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back