DiY wort chiller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't have a water meter - happy days!
Just coil 10m of micro bore copper pipe and stick some hosepipe on the ends using jubilee clips and attach it to a tap using a hose lock. The waste hot water is used to rinse my FV and other equipment whilst it's running.
Cleaning is a doddle, quick spritz with liquid soap and a wipe and rinse and then drop it in the boil for the last 10 minutes to get everything sterilised before I turn the cold tap on.
I just used a 2l lemonade bottle as the former. Since that pic I cut the tails off to about 4" and then attached the hose pipes

Attachments

• IMG_20201013_151535.jpg
    IMG_20201013_151535.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 41
Looking to make one myself. What size of coil is everyone using for their diy chillers ? There is a 10 metre coil of 10mm copper on screwfix but not sure if i need a slightly longer coil.

10mtr of 10mm is plenty but be sure to leave enough for your tails...
Will do, thanks.

Seen these on Screwfix to attach to tails and then use 1/2" hozelock adapters on each to attach to garden hose.

10mm push fit to 1/2" coupler

Edit:
For anyone maybe looking for the items to do their own, I found Toolstation to be the cheapest online.

For 10m of 10mm copper and 2 x 10mm to 1/2" male bsp coupler is £32.45 from screwfix and £29.82 from Toolstation

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back