Do We All Pack Our Brew Space to the Extreme?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before lockdown all of my brewing took place in the kitchen, all my gear was stored either in the loft or in the kids playhouse (at 20 and 25 they had long since finished using it). The garden shed was used as an overflow area for bottles. During lockdown my brewing activities have been forced out of the house and I now brew in my main shed, which was always untidy anyway. Not wanting to make things rusty due to condensation from the boiler I built this
20200410_123843.jpg

20200410_122155.jpg

Twin extract are vented out of the door during the boil.

Having most things to hand is great but my main shed is a long way from the house, had to join 2x 30 metre lengths of food grade hose pipe as a water supply. The power supply needs an upgrade but this will have to wait until we fit a new consumer unit in the house.

Things are now a bit tight in my shed for my liking and things can get messy in there when I'm doing any woodworking. I can see a new dedicated brew shed build on the horizon.

I now share my brew storage space with my wife so we can store more food (adapting to the new norm so to speak, and no I don't mean hoarding food. lol Just 15k sack of flour instead of constantly buying small bags of flour, thing s like that.). I brew in a gazebo in the back garden, zero condensation problems.

My fermenters share shelf space with packs of food and the like (purchased from a local discount bulk place that sells food on or past it's BBE but that is still perfectly good. Sustainability and all that.).

Latest posts

Back