Do We All Pack Our Brew Space to the Extreme?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petrolhead

Regular.
Reaction score
I was tidying my brew shed yet again last night as I have to keep it perfectly tidy to make space for everything and wondered if we all do this as I even see some Youtube Channels apparently working under the stairs.

My brew shed is 10' x 8' and I know I am lucky to have this space but at a glance it has my 8' work bench, another 8' worktop with a 95% complete three tun set up on it, a pillar drill, all my tools on magnetic racks, rack of parts and fittings, three drums of grain, Klarstein thingy, two brew fridges, kegerator, double undercounter bottle fridge, and a tonne more.

The missus has her own shed which she doesn't use much, I know, my motor bike has been in their for about three months without comment.

It's like my life is that kids game where you have to arrange all the numbered tiles into order but you only have one space spare

1596724305369.png

Tell me about it!
Just in the middle of reorganising my garage cum workshop cum malt and equipment and bottle store to make way for the kitchen fridge I've just replaced at the cost of an arm and a leg, but to The Wise One's great joy. Unwisely I dropped a great chunk of oak on my big toe. Lucky I was wearing my Breton work boots at the time.
aheadbutt
1596724721128.png
Standard issue protective toe-caps. I'd have been better off in my ballet pumps!

Last edited:
Tell me about it!
Just in the middle of reorganising my garage cum workshop cum malt and equipment and bottle store to make way for the kitchen fridge I've just replaced at the cost of an arm and a leg, but to The Wise One's great joy. Unwisely I dropped a great chunk of oak on my big toe. Lucky I was wearing my Breton work boots at the time.
aheadbuttView attachment 30476Standard issue protective toe-caps. I'd have been better off in my ballet pumps!

Breton work boots :laugh8:

I guess I am lucky as far as space goes, we have a 10 x 8 stone outhouse that we didn't know what to do with until I started brewing and now it is my Brewhouse. No running water or drains but the tap is close for running water and the kitchen door is only 5 metres away.
Also a large 2 story garage with concrete floor where I condition my beer. I did think about converting it to a small micro brewery and micro pub but not sure as that is a great idea.

Also a large 2 story garage with concrete floor where I condition my beer. I did think about converting it to a small micro brewery and micro pub but not sure as that is a great idea.
It's an absolutely inspired idea, a thought of true genius.
The devil is in the detail.

I have about 80% of the garage for my brewing stuff, I’ve got plenty of room.

It's an absolutely inspired idea, a thought of true genius.
The devil is in the detail.
:laugh8: You jest of course, though it is in a good location and the village pub which is next door closed about 15 years ago sadly. However the amount of work to get it off the ground and I do think micro breweries have reached saturation point does put me off.

:laugh8: You jest of course, though it is in a good location and the village pub which is next door closed about 15 years ago sadly. However the amount of work to get it off the ground and I do think micro breweries have reached saturation point does put me off.
That was the devil in the detail bit. :laugh8:

I have the garage with plenty of storage space but it's a wreck at the minute with loads of other people's stuff and stuff for the recycling centre and can't even get a brew on as I have too many other jobs going on.

I wish I had a brewing space. Small kitchen for brewday, FV in the dining room for a couple of weeks, carbonate in my daughter's wardrobe (a steady 20C in there, but SWMBO said I'm not allowed to put the FV in there) and condition under the stairs at 14C. I have managed to pack a keezer under there too though. All equipment stored in the attic when not in use.

Considering myself lucky as far as equipment storage. It's all neat and tidy on the restaurant rack with four levels. It was my wife's idea to buy it from Costco. I just bring stuff up from the basement when I brew. It's easier to put it back in the same spot than to put it anywhere else.
I have between 225-250 flip-tops, 14 to a crate, stacked neatly next to the gear.

I have mine spread out, most gear is in the fermenting room, then a grain room with other bits and pieces, a basement for full bottles during winter switching them to the fermenting room during summer. Kettles and some fishing gear in another shed actual brewing is all outdoors.
002.JPG

I've cancelled my planned brew for the day becasue its going to be 30!!!

I can empathise with the OP....every few months I have a slight rearrangement of the garage to "create" more space....obviously the garage isnt getting any bigger (!!) but somehow I find a way of adding an extra bit of storage/shelving every few months.

I'll bung it in the brew fridge at 19 and pitch tonight...
Probably brew again next week but it'll be Kveik and left to do it's thing on the bench in the garage...that will be pitched at whatever the chiller manages.

Latest posts

Back