Do you brew on something unique? (home made breweries)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul7189

Regular.
Reaction score
How many on here brew on a completely unique brewery? I know some people modify existing equipment but has anyone built theirs from scratch?

I have seen a few brilliant designs and was thinking about going that way myself but what have you done to create your brewery?

I built all my stuff except the Burco (although I’ve done a few mods to that too): mash tun, filters, pumps, counterflow, controllers, fridges etc. Still evolving and seldom exactly the same from one brew to the next. The DIY approach has its pros and cons - you can tweak it to your heart’s content and you really get to understand what’s going on, but it‘s quite time consuming (!)

B5C96E45-064D-4ECE-85F0-76B5ADB8E8EA.jpeg
4478826D-567A-44F1-8582-BC53B9168FAA.jpeg

A somewhat bigger version of TETB's :laugh8:
IMG_20210319_152915863_HDR.jpg

The white chill box is the mash tun and reciprocating sparge tank...
IMG_20220304_094946411.jpg

..the wort is pumped from the mash tun through the HERMS tank (the grey swing lid bin that has the heat exchange coil inside) and back to the sparge tank.
The kettle/boiler is a stock pot fitted with a tap and integral cooling coil for post-boil cooling.
Fermentation fridge has gas collection pipes from fermentation bucket lid to mylar balloon.
IMG_20211019_114147917.jpg

Brewloonometer indicates when balloon is fully inflated and needs to be changed.
There are more gadgets but I'll leave it there. Check out my brew day posts for more info athumb..

Latest posts

Back