Do you remember.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1617623138659.png

My Dad once told me that his two favourite bottled beers were Red Label Bass, .......

Two memories to get the Chuckle Valve working:
  1. My Dad (a coalminer) was leaving for work at 6am, after he'd allowed Mam to pour a few Bass Red Labels for him the night before. Mam was unaware that Bass Red Label was "bottle conditioned", but well aware that pouring every drop meant that it was cheaper! Dad: "I can't go to work Madge. I've been ill most of the night and I think I'm dying!" Mam's response: "Well go and die at work then. I've done your snap!" Sympathy was a rare commodity in our house!
  2. My Uncle Albert was a Clippy on East Midland buses. There were 2 x 3 seats facing each other at the back of the bus and a small cubby hole underneath the stairs where the Clippy could hide. One day a lady of local repute was sitting on one of the three-seaters trying to feed her year-old baby from a rather large and grubby breast. The baby was having none of it and kept crying and spitting the nipple out so, totally frustrated, the mother said "If you don't have it, I'll give it to that man over there!" pointing to a business man sat on the opposite three-seatert. Uncle Albert told me that the business man go off at the next stop, even though he'd paid for the journey all the way to the terminal.
Happy Days!

Reactions: CD
Who remembers wearing cowboy boots, you paid a fortune for highly detailed ones then pulled your jeans over the top so no one saw them. :laugh8:

1617722142641.png
1617722227595.png

Remember when these boots first became fashion they used to sell them in the army & navy stores (we had one in town) i went to get a pair and the lass behind the counter couldn't believe how many pairs they had sold.

1617723464034.png

Latest posts

Back