Docker's Merseyside IPA - Beerworks Craft Brewery Series

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orval62

Apprentice
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these kits, are they any good? They are currently being sold by Love Brewing.

Here the kit and contents. It is marked up as a 3kg kit and contains 2 bags of malt, 1kg of glucose, 60gs of Challenger hops, 150gs priming sugar , and 10gs of Burton ale yeast. Instructions are clear and comprehensive. In the FV today, with a SG of 1048, adding the hops on day 5, then hopefully fermentation will be finished in about 10 days, and I will have an IPA with an ABV 6.2%.

I will keep you updated on its progress. I have high hopes for this kit.
Tony:cheers:

IMG_20140610_134105.jpg

Just finished in the FV, with a FG of 1008, now kegged. Also bottled 2 litre. If the final brew taste as good as the wort then its going to be a cracking hoppy pint. Going to leave it indoors for a week, then garage for a further two weeks for conditioning. Let you know if it turns out good late July.

This is one of my favourite kits I've brewed so far (my other being the BrewUK Old Speckled Hen Clone extract pack).

Delicious and you wouldn't know it was 6.5% until you've drank a few :)

It is very hoppy though so go easy on them unless you like very hoppy beers (I do!)

This is one of my favourite kits I've brewed so far (my other being the BrewUK Old Speckled Hen Clone extract pack).

Delicious and you wouldn't know it was 6.5% until you've drank a few :)

It is very hoppy though so go easy on them unless you like very hoppy beers (I do!)

Just had a sneaky taste and yes it is lovely, and very hoppy, another week and I will dive into this brew. Looks like £20 well spent!:thumb:

Latest posts

Back