Dodgy peanuts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Texture and flavour, mainly the former. KP especially has a soapiness to it, also true of Big D to a lesser extent (though I've not come across Big D for a year or two). Supermarket ones, e.g. Sainsbury's have more of a crunch and taste more of, well, peanut...

We get ours from Tesco I don't know if they are better but they are not worse so why pay more for the name brand.

Blimey, I was thinking this a couple of weeks ago. When restrictions lifted so that people could meet outdoors my wife had a few mates around in the garden and provided a few snacks, including peanuts.
We usually shop in Lidl and I get these nuts from there which I think are really good
202BBBC9-3466-4A5F-9FA6-23921EF65DB0.jpeg
However, because we had guests coming, my wife decided she should get the branded nuts so picked up a couple of packs of KP from Tesco. Honestly, they were horrible. They were covered in so much oil and looked like they‘d been fried, not roasted 🤮

Blimey, I was thinking this a couple of weeks ago. When restrictions lifted so that people could meet outdoors my wife had a few mates around in the garden and provided a few snacks, including peanuts.
We usually shop in Lidl and I get these nuts from there which I think are really good
View attachment 48017
However, because we had guests coming, my wife decided she should get the branded nuts so picked up a couple of packs of KP from Tesco. Honestly, they were horrible. They were covered in so much oil and looked like they‘d been fried, not roasted 🤮
I find LIDL nuts,chocolate and quite a few other bits and bobs a lot better for quality and value...

Well, I'm glad it's not just me, was worried my taste buds were shot.

The peanut gold standard for me was the tin that turned up with my parents' hamper at Christmas time, the one with the funny shaped can of Ye Olde Oak ham. Gorgeous. Not had anything like them since.

Salt n pepper cashews from the land of pound are actually good, fwiw.

Christamas family hampers, now there's a blast from the past!

Latest posts

Back