Domestic bottling plant

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz Chaz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ok a bit tongue in cheek, Barking Baz's bottling plant ........

Open front of dishwasher to form shelf for holding bottles and drip tray for catching drips

Place the container with beer to be bottled above the dishwasher

here's the major modification that requires seconds of work, take a piece of white A4 paper with a fold approx 2 inches along one end,
hang this over the edge of the glass/cup tray in located in the top of the dishwasher to form a nice light background so you can see the level of the beer in the bottles and away you go :lol:

33kc4zq.jpg

piccy was part way through bottling, batch primed @ 40g of Tate & Lyles finest :!:

Bob, the swingtop bottle that you gave me full of mild is now full of Jennings'ish' it will be returned to your doorstep in due course, full naturally :thumb:

cheers chaps :cheers:

Bit heavy on the paper for your brewing ratio Barry....

:lol:

piddledribble said:
Bit heavy on the paper for your brewing ratio Barry....
Don't worry buddy.......... it can be used several times :lol:

Will12283 said:
Never though if using the dishwasher as a drip tray :hmm:
Not just a drip tray my friend, also a shelf :idea: ours will hold 12 bottles ready to hand for bottling :whistle:

Once each bottle is filled I can reach the bottle capping station to my left from a seated position, I bottle 12, place on the teatowel at the bench capper cap and then cap the 12, restart bottling the next 12, no backache from sitting too long and all done and dusted quite quickly :thumb:

And of course, no need to clean the drop tray, just shut the door...ingenious!

Well at least swmbo will see my using the dishwasher for a change :thumb:

And using paper don't you know it's a resection lol why not use a carrier bag or recycle an old T-shirt.

As my father-in-law always says "times are hard"

Latest posts

Back