Donald Trump.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Has already told the press he told May how to do Brexit but she ignored him. :laugh8:

Quotes from - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44815558

Donald Trump has said the UK will "probably not" get a trade deal with the US, if the prime minister's Brexit plan goes ahead.

He told The Sun the PM's plan would "probably kill the deal" as it would mean the US "would be dealing with the European Union" instead of with the UK.

Mr Trump also said that former foreign secretary Boris Johnson would make a "great prime minister", adding "I think he's got what it takes".

In his interview, he renewed his criticism of London Mayor Sadiq Khan over last year's terror attacks in the capital, saying he had done "a terrible job".

He said the Brexit proposals Mrs May and her cabinet thrashed out at Chequers last week mean it would be "most likely ... we would be dealing with the European Union instead of dealing with the UK, so it will probably kill the deal".

He also said he had told Mrs May how to do a Brexit deal, but: "She didn't agree, she didn't listen to me."

"I told her how to do it. That will be up to her to say. But I told her how to do it. She wanted to go a different route," he said.

Arrogant prat or not and I know he leaves a lot to be desired in how he says things and yes some are not the most sensible things but on this quote he is right in that the public voted to leave the EU and that means leave not hang on to the apron strings. A break should be clean and let us go alone but half a break is neither here or there. Trump is saying quite simply he thought he would be dealing with the UK alone when striking a trade deal but it looks like not completely. Do not let your personal thoughts on Trump cloud the issue his statement is correct on what we are all hearing re the brexit negotiation.
Ps please do not turn this thread into the one we recently had regards brexit it is not about brexit

Don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying on brexit but the quote that annoyed me most was ....He also said he had told Mrs May how to do a Brexit deal, but: "She didn't agree, she didn't listen to me."

Arrogant prat or not and I know he leaves a lot to be desired in how he says things and yes some are not the most sensible things but on this quote he is right in that the public voted to leave the EU and that means leave not hang on to the apron strings. A break should be clean and let us go alone but half a break is neither here or there. Trump is saying quite simply he thought he would be dealing with the UK alone when striking a trade deal but it looks like not completely. Do not let your personal thoughts on Trump cloud the issue his statement is correct on what we are all hearing re the brexit negotiation.
Ps please do not turn this thread into the one we recently had regards brexit it is not about brexit

It seems you post does exactly as you've asked others not to do ;)

@the baron
Stating what DTs comments on Brexit were (and appearing to agree with them - I apologise if I have misunderstood this bit of your post and you dont) may restart the brexit argument in this thread. Which you've asked members not to do

Last edited:
Lol I thought this thread was about Trump

I think DT should just have his tea with the Queen (so he can boast about it when he gets back to the US), then bugger of back home on Air Force One and leave us all alone on this side of the pond

:cheers7: If I knew who dragon was?
I’m just supporting MAGA

Make America Great Again
the only Dragon involved would be Trump I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back