Donald Trump.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I read your first few posts and wasn’t going to cross that line :tinhat:
I don’t particularly like Trump but I understand (I think) what he’s trying to do... save the US from drowning in there trillions of $ of debt.
Whether he pulls it of or not is still up for debate (plenty to come I’m sure)
Is Bino Bono’s little brother

There you go again lol it’s not clever.
If you got something to say put some meat on the bone

Not sure what you mean by "there you go again". As someone who is clearly highly intellectual and already stated that they don't particularly like Trump, you shouldn't feel insulted by anything I've said on this thread.

No I don’t particularly like Trump.
I did say I understand (I think) what he’s trying to do.
Some people don’t like the idea of someone who has “different” outlook on them being in a position of influence, so they throw there toys out of the pram and scream foul play. Just saying some people

"I actually told Theresa May how to do it but she didn't agree, she didn't listen to me. She wanted to go a different route" 1. What gives Donald Trump the right to tell our Prime Minister to do anything? 2. He fails to say what it is that he would be doing differently. Not a surprise, because he wouldn't be able to say. 3. When Barack Obama commented on Brexit in 2016, some leavers were furious that he was commenting on something that was nothing to do with him. Why is okay for Trump to criticise May's plan, but it isn't okay for Obama to comment on Brexit?

"He also renewed his criticism of London Mayor Sadiq Khan over last year's terror attacks in London, saying he had done "a terrible job". Interesting that he would criticise Khan, but not other mayors of other cities which have been had terror attacks, like Andy Burnham of Greater Manchester and Anne Hidalgo of Paris. I wonder what the difference is between Khan and other mayors?

No I don’t particularly like Trump.
I did say I understand (I think) what he’s trying to do.
Some people don’t like the idea of someone who has “different” outlook on them being in a position of influence, so they throw there toys out of the pram and scream foul play. Just saying some people

When you say scream foul play, you actually mean holding him to account for his words and actions. As an elected man of power and influence, he should be held to account...surely we can agree on that? The problem is, he just continually shouts "fake news" every time he is criticised, which his supporters lap up.

Yes of course he should be held to account as all politicians should be.
We agree :cheers7:
Obama’s commenting on a vote ( I’m not going to mention the B word ) was totally inappropriate ,threats don’t always workout as Trump is finding out.
I just don’t like the way the whole of the MSM are totally against “anything” he does regardless of if it’s right or wrong.
To be fair The people of USA didn’t have much of a choice who they voted but netherless he was voted in democratically wether we like it or not.
Khan is not the best mayor is he?

He is right in saying that the USA will probably end up doing a deal with the whole of Europe and not just us, given how we will still be tied in.

Obama’s commenting on a vote ( I’m not going to mention the B word ) was totally inappropriate
If it's inappropriate for Obama to intervene, then the same must be said for Trump doing so. Otherwise it's double standards.

I just don’t like the way the whole of the MSM are totally against “anything” he does regardless of if it’s right or wrong.
That isn't true though. When Rupert Murdoch's Fox News act as a propaganda machine for a person, it's hard to argue that the whole of the MSM are against him.

To be fair The people of USA didn’t have much of a choice who they voted but netherless he was voted in democratically wether we like it or not.
Agreed with the lack of choice. Hillary Clinton being selected was completely the wrong person at that moment. I think Bernie Sanders would be a far better candidate than Clinton. It's not entirely accurate to say he was voted in democratically. More people voted for Clinton than Trump but because of the Electoral Colleges arrangement they have, Trump won the vote. I'm not disputing the result, I just think it's worth pointing out when people say that the American people voted for him.

Khan is not the best mayor is he?
He may or may not be. It seems a little strange that he as a Mayor of London is criticised before of terror attacks, when other Mayors aren't when their cities are attacked. He's also criticised for violent crime rising in the capital, but the rise in violent crime is true in cities all over the country. When an issue becomes national, the book stops at the door of central government.

Trump commenting on B is wrong I agree ((again) as was Obama’s commenting on it both wrong no double standards there.
Fox News are the only ones defending Trump but if you look at nearly every other source there firmly against .. No question in my mind about that, even our own supposedly no biased media are all over him like a rash barring a few of course.
Even all the Hollywood luvies who don’t really appreciated what’s going on in most Americans life’s.
The vote was conclusive no matter what spin you put on it , why wasn’t the way there system works criticised before they voted?
You could say Bernie Saunders was cheated out of the nomination as many have said.
I do think he would have made a better candidate than the anti-Christ.
Great so violent crime is rising in all cities wonderful.
He happens to be Mayor of what “was” the greatest city in the world why shouldn’t he be criticised, he doesn’t like Trump not just because Trump has criticised him just for what he stands for which is fair enough but I do think Khan is the wrong man for the job in hand.

Trump commenting on B is wrong I agree ((again) as was Obama’s commenting on it both wrong no double standards there.
Fox News are the only ones defending Trump but if you look at nearly every other source there firmly against .. No question in my mind about that, even our own supposedly no biased media are all over him like a rash barring a few of course.
Even all the Hollywood luvies who don’t really appreciated what’s going on in most Americans life’s.
The vote was conclusive no matter what spin you put on it , why wasn’t the way there system works criticised before they voted?
You could say Bernie Saunders was cheated out of the nomination as many have said.
I do think he would have made a better candidate than the anti-Christ.
He happens to be Mayor of what “was” the greatest city in the world why shouldn’t he be criticised, he doesn’t like Trump not just because Trump has criticised him just for what he stands for which is fair enough but I do think Khan is the wrong man for the job in hand.

I'm struggling to see your point. Why shouldn't the media or Hollywood luvies or whoever else criticise him? Why shouldn't anyone criticise anything? If you disagree with someone or something, wouldn't you want to make your opinion known?

The media has no requirement to be completely impartial (with the exception of the BBC), if you don't think your view is being represented by the media, then perhaps you need to start your own media organisation. If it seems unfair that Trump or whoever is being unfairly criticised in the media (which they have every right to do) and not those on the other end of the political spectrum then how about you do something about it, if you feel so strongly about it?

The left doesn't have any obligation to keep quiet just because the right is perhaps not as vocal - although I would certainly disagree with that. If you disagree with the Mayor of London, then why not be vocal about it? There is no reason why he shouldn't be criticised if you disagree with him. Criticise to your heart's content.

So what is your point? There's no double standards at play here. The media is doing exactly what they're entitled to do.

During his campaign Trump said he was going to do all sorts..build a wall,round up immigrants,send them back,boost the economy,create jobs etc. He got a rousing response from his listeners...now he's doing what he said he would...whether he's right or wrong..or whether you agree there's not many who follow through.

The double standards comment wasn't aimed at you specifically, but instead at leavers in general. Jacob Rees Mogg for example criticised Obama for his comments on Brexit, but today has said that Trump was right to make this intervention.

I would suggest Fox News do more than simply defend Trump. The term "propaganda machine" would be a more suitable description. He does get criticised a lot, but with good reason. If he behaves in a manner which isn't proper for the office he holds, then it is right that criticism should follow. Our media are not unbiased, it's not even close to being the case. As for that Hollywood luvvies comment, if you think that they don't appreciate what's going on in most Americans' lives, do you think that billionaire Donald Trump does?

I'm not putting a spin on it. I've already stated that I'm not contesting the result, I was merely responding to your earlier point that he was voted democratically by the American people. It's not conclusive, when less Americans voted for him than another candidate.

Take it up with the government.

He should be criticised if it's fair, but blaming him for terror attacks is a non starter and criticism for violent crime doesn't hold much weight when it's rising all over the country. Khan doesn't like Trump because the latter has called on a for a “total and complete shutdown” of Muslims entering America. You can hardly blame him.

During his campaign Trump said he was going to do all sorts..build a wall,round up immigrants,send them back,boost the economy,create jobs etc. He got a rousing response from his listeners...now he's doing what he said he would...whether he's right or wrong..or whether you agree there's not many who follow through.

He said he'd get the Mexixans to build the wall. That's not happening.

He's following through on disgusting rhetoric. That's hardly praiseworthy.

Like I said..like him or not...still there was plenty supporting him and his manifesto.
People moan about what he does and says yet there's plenty of other countries with much worse policies that the US and UK are all over like a cheap suit...

Like I said..like him or not...still there was plenty supporting him and his manifesto.
People moan about what he does and says yet there's plenty of other countries with much worse policies that the US and UK are all over like a cheap suit...

But these countries with worse politician dont have as much power and influence as Trump has

What you just did there is known as "whataboutery". Donald Trump is the President of the United States, not a banana republic. Just because other countries do worse things, doesn't excuse him or his administration.

I do agree with your last little point though. Our government's relationships with the likes of Saudi Arabia's and Turkey's current regimes are unpleasant to say the least.

Donald Trump has now said that the interview in The Sun is "fake news". He's nothing if not predictable.

makes me laugh, it’s ok to quote the sun on one hand then independent on the other
Ps I’m not saying either is fake news just made me chuckle:laugh8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back