Donald Trump.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derangement
Syndrome

I had to look that one up :laugh8:

Trump Derangement Syndrome is a term applied by some writers to describe critics of US President Donald Trump, including liberals and progressives, whom they accuse of responding to statements and political actions by Trump in a manner verging on the irrational, without regard to his actual position or action taken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Derangement_Syndrome

I seriously think Trump has dementia. He first of all said a soft brexit will kill any trade deal with the US. The he said he didnt say it, as it was 'fake news' (even though the sun apparently recorded the interview). Did he forget that he had said a soft brexit will kill a trade deal?

Last edited:
I think the man is clever in the way he plays the media and anyone else who will listen to him. Firstly he grabs their undivided attention with his big statements..they then follow him and everything he does and says waiting for the next move. We know it's all about him and his ego but the attention grabbing is a powerful tool in a media run world. I bet he's making a fortune with his online accounts...

He's clearly demonstrated that he is a misogynist and a liar. I find him loathsome. What concerns me about his intervention while over here is what his endgame is in any negotiation for a trade deal with the UK. Having read quite a bit about him recently it is clear that in any negotiation (as a businessman or as president) he approaches it as a zero-sum game, he (or America) has to win. He is not interested a mutually beneficial arrangement because to him that is weak. He appears to want us to negotiate a trade deal seperate to the Eu so he American companies can have access to the UK as a market for goods that the EU would not allow as they don't meet their standards (Chlorinated chicken being an example). They seem to also (and I am sure some on the right of the Tory Party would also like it) to get access to the UK "health Market.

He's clearly demonstrated that he is a misogynist and a liar. I find him loathsome. What concerns me about his intervention while over here is what his endgame is in any negotiation for a trade deal with the UK. Having read quite a bit about him recently it is clear that in any negotiation (as a businessman or as president) he approaches it as a zero-sum game, he (or America) has to win. He is not interested a mutually beneficial arrangement because to him that is weak. He appears to want us to negotiate a trade deal seperate to the Eu so he American companies can have access to the UK as a market for goods that the EU would not allow as they don't meet their standards (Chlorinated chicken being an example). They seem to also (and I am sure some on the right of the Tory Party would also like it) to get access to the UK "health Market.

He tried the same thing with Macron and offered him a deal if France left the EU. Macron told him to 'Foxtrot Oscar'

He's clearly demonstrated that he is a misogynist and a liar.

You forgot racist.

His family history is very strange.
His father was arrested at a KKK rally in the 20's and his brother's middle name was Christ (Frederick Christ Trump).

At best Trump is a populist demagogue promising to bring back the 1950's (or 1930's) to a section of white America.

Below are a duo of Podcasts that, for me, illuminates the issue.

https://www.acast.com/dansnowshistoryhit/trump-americafirst-theamericandream

https://www.acast.com/dansnowshistoryhit/authoritarianism-unfreedomwithprofessortimsnyder

LISTEN:

if you guys get a good exit, more countries will want one. Get it?!
So England MUST suffer! That's why Juncker threatened with WW3 and the likes.
BREXIT CANNOT BE A SUCCESS.

Does it really matter what people think of him on a personal level he didn't win a popularity contest he was voted in on his policies.

He has already done more for relations between N/S Korea than any other president and it looks like he may be able to persuade KJU to give up nuclear weapons.

You've really bought in, clearly. We'll see in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people think the guy is full of **** and say it at every opportunity how many of these people actually follow what is going on in American i bet not many.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
Presidents have been trying unsuccessfully for years to get Germany and other rich NATO Nations to pay more toward their protection from Russia. They pay only a fraction of their cost. The U.S. pays tens of Billions of Dollars too much to subsidize Europe, and loses Big on Trade!
2,333 replies2,923 retweets11,927 likes

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump Jul 12
....On top of it all, Germany just started paying Russia, the country they want protection from, Billions of Dollars for their Energy needs coming out of a new pipeline from Russia. Not acceptable! All NATO Nations must meet their 2% commitment, and that must ultimately go to 4%!
13,283 replies18,277 retweets77,216 likes

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
The Stock Market hit 25,000 yesterday. Jobs are at an all time record - and that is before we fix some of the worst trade deals and conditions ever seen by any government. It is all happening!

Your evidence of Trumpsuccess is Trumptweets?

Really?

LISTEN:

if you guys get a good exit, more countries will want one. Get it?!
So England MUST suffer! That's why Juncker threatened with WW3 and the likes.
BREXIT CANNOT BE A SUCCESS.

I'd never even heard of Juncker until the Referendum and then he was paraded by the Brexit Brigade as some form of the Devil incarnate.

However, when Trump was letting loose to ...
  • Criticise the current Brexit strategy,
  • Criticise Theresa May,
  • Threaten that the policies would "probably kill" a UK/US trade deal.
  • Tell us all that Boris Johnson would make a "great Prime Minister",
... many Tories considered the comments to be "deeply insulting", just like many right minded people.

Oh, apart from Mr Jacob Rees-Mogg who thought that Trump's comments were "perfectly reasonable".

Forget Juncker as a threat to the UK and keep an eye on Rees-Mogg if you are worried for the future of your grandchildren! Remember the old saying "You are judged by the friends you keep." then read the link to see why he is so friendly towards Trump.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ement-investment-firm-belgravia-a7902951.html

Rees-Mogg is far more dangerous to the UK than any EU politician, or even Uncle Donald!

Again if you have evidence what i quoted is wrong feel free to post it.

There's nothing I like more than a challenge, so how about this link from the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...o-trump/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.08ef7e2b6981

... where "The same trends that showed Obama as a failure show Trump as a historic success, according to Trump."

I have come to the conclusion that anything good that I hear about Trump is generated by Trump or his minions ...

... and he is definitely the type of person the I would never let into my home; no matter how much money he had!

all I know is I know what I know, and I know it strongly.

Trump is unique in that he was not a career politician which is why he puts his thoughts on twitter even though its only a passing thought he hasn't even thought through. He has also created a for and against him crowd that will attack or defend anything he says regardless of what it is and these 2 minority group are the most vocal which has lead to the maximum amount of fake or pure opinion based news ever on both sides.

What I do not get is these protests.. sure he isn't a likeable guy and said some vile things.. yet these people who are offended why isn't the streets of London flooded with protest when Saudi King visists or the Chinese PM.. regimes who are actually are very questionable by our values here..

Seems like a bit of a bandwagon to me.

There's nothing I like more than a challenge, so how about this link from the Washington Post:

I think we have all noticed that :roll: the challenge was not aimed at you but as you took it on did you find anything to "challenge" the other two tweets?

To be honest what Trump does in his own country is of little importance or interest to me and the tweets were a bit off my original topic as i said he has done more for relations between America and N/S Korea than any other president and if they give up their nukes even his haters have to give him praise.

Last edited:
I find it amusing that one of the protesters interviewed on the radio called him childish (among many other things) then thought it was a good idea to do this, a saying about a pot and kettle comes to mind.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me to expect the president of the united states to be less childish than some random person on the street.

Is it the person or his policies they do not like and therefore criticise, i have a feeling in most cases its the former.

The protests started round the corner from my office on Friday and I had a wander about on my lunch break. There were plenty of personal signs, but the majority were policy/issue based, whether it was trade & steel, environment/paris, palestine/israel, iran nuclear, torture etc.

Regarding his achievements, it's a bit unclear what he's actually achieved and Trump has a habit of lying outright about everything.

He's held a meeting with DPRK that all other presidents were offered and turned down, and gave away concessions in return for promises that they had already made. So far there is no sign of them actually doing anything, in fact it's possibly the opposite so far.

He got Nato members to say that they would meet the 2% target....which they had all already committed to. No sign that they intend to change yet.

The stock market has continued to grow at the same pace it did under Obama... as has employment.

He hasn't done anything for the deficit or national debt, in fact his tax cuts will probably increase it dramatically.

He's managed to get a watered down travel ban through the courts which will have no effect on overall migration levels or national security.

He's started a trade war that might well hurt US industries more than it helps them (more expensive steel for manufacturers like car plants, retaliatory tariffs hurting industries like soya beans etc.)

Oh and he's build a prototype fence.

The only real success he's had is getting 2 supreme court justices on, neither of which actually did anything for.

From Trumps america first point of view, of course he's against the EU and wants to encourage nations to leave. Individual nations have far less bargaining power to achieve equitable trade agreements that a bloc the size of the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back